Force of nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomism

Aug 14, 2006
Jurong West
1. In what area is critique to be sought?

I hope to learn more about camera techniques and post-processing techniques in dealing with dramatic shots.

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

Sense of awe (in nature, that is)

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

It was a stormy night and lightning was thrown all over the skies that night. I've never felt scared about lightnings so i went 'chasing' after it.

After the setup was done, it struck thrice immediately. So it was really a lucky shot.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

Personally i like it quite a bit because i've never been able to capture something like this before! The only part that annoys me is the halo effect around the lightning and i have no idea how to avoid all of that.

lightvqc.jpg

there's nothing to be annoy about, it's nature's force presented to you in RAW format !

Yes it is quite a lucky shot,as those who had try shooting lightning, like for myself would know, to be able to capture lightning bolts like this and with an unblocked foreground is really hard to find.

Really ...for picture of such nature, especially done in Singapore, I would say it is a good shot. Of course, if the foreground can be slightly brighter.

I agree, its rare to get well composed lighting shots, so kudos to you! Obviously the sense of awe you wanna impose is there, look at those bolts! Zpahh! Agree, perhaps you can tweak the foreground to be brighter in PP. The sky is already great as it is

The halo maybe a case of blooming..?

Reducing the exposure might help, such as reducing the aperture or exposure duration.

First thing that came to my mind is -The GOD is angry.Nice Picture:thumbsup:

It is rare opportunity to capture such a moment, nice shot!:)

Nice Pix! Inspiring!

Regrettably, i haven't even got any chance to shoot any lightning shot that that can even come near to this, but I'd witness when the lightning bolt strike onto the cable of the cable car when I was at this harbourfront stn.

oh, i've always wanted to do a lightning shot. this is absolutely astounding!

not sure if you noticed a bit of the clouds covering the lightning at the top. It's a bit distracting, don't you think? But I guess got no choice. This kind of thing cannot control one also.

Take a look at the work of our guru of night scene...Francis247 moderator of Night Scene section..." a storm is coming ".

There will always be clouds, just that in different forms. Some is spread out covering the whole sky so that the texture of the sky looks quite even, some in different shapes so that the presence of the clouds is obvious.

If there is no clouds, there'll be no lightnings

not sure if you noticed a bit of the clouds covering the lightning at the top. It's a bit distracting, don't you think? But I guess got no choice. This kind of thing cannot control one also.

Looks good enough for me :) Such occurrences can't be set up to look like how you want it to be, so I think it's a good job capturing what you're given.

Such an amazing shot, with that kind of timing you were meant to capture this image. So in my humble opinion, mother nature speaks for herself and this photo speaks volumes all on it's own without the need of any editing whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.