For your comments and critisism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veladence

Mar 11, 2008
Hello to all, i am new to photography and so i would like to further improve the quality of the photos i take. So i am all ears to your criticism and comments.

In this picture, i would like feedback on my picture, on how to improve it, the composition, etc, everything!

And i guess i was trying to capture the innocence of this Japanese girl through the picture. Not to mention that i took this picture on impulse too, didn't have much time. :p

I personally love this picture cause firstly, i reminds me of my time in Japan. Lol. But i love it too cause the picture is just so vibrant.
But i find that the left of the picture is having too much space. :(

IMG_8608.jpg

1. u mean u are not sure why u took this shot? thats bad.
2. its tilted to the left (background pillar), doesnt feel comfortable looking at it.
3. prefer if u shoot abit more to the right.
4. maybe crop away the top, until their head because background too busy.

on the positive side, i think u captured the moment.

1. u mean u are not sure why u took this shot? thats bad.
2. its tilted to the left (background pillar), doesnt feel comfortable looking at it.
3. prefer if u shoot abit more to the right.
4. maybe crop away the top, until their head because background too busy.

on the positive side, i think u captured the moment.

1. Yes i know. Lol
2. It's minor, but i would like to praise that you've got sharp eyes. ;)
3. I feel that way too.
4. Will take into consideration.

Yes, i think i did capture the moment. :p

Thanks for your comments!

if you know that the picture is not compositionally sound by having space on the left, why don't you crop it, that is my question?

the tilt is not such a problem in people photography, so long as your subject does not appear to be walking on the wall

btw, the massive amount of colours here while nice when taken individually, i feel they do not work together. i tried desaturation, but it didn't seem to work either.

cropped in 4:3 format, channel mixer, change some highlight/shadow/contrast settings, vignetting added:

2424577006_1eec18c36f_o.jpg

with a touch of urban acid

2423770549_f78ed2f661_o.jpg

wow.. i like this photo. captures the moment u feel you have seen tokyo after just a look at this picture. well done. a crop will do fine. colors are great too. i understand when you mean an impulse. we all have such moments

hi night68mare

imo, the black and white one, the girls dont really standout lay.

i think the original color one shows the sweet, colorful and cheerful japanese youngsters.

u surely got the girls all conscious about themselves and all shy tooo:) i like the flying hair and the back lighting in the pic..... maybe a wider shot of the girls and their back ground wud have been more attractive........framing the back ground on to the subjects always enhances overall effect of pics......better composition is wat is need in the above pic:think:i am glad u shot it COLOR.

the colours, backlighting and girl's expressions are great. suggest just a slight cropping at the top and left of the frame to remove extraneous clutter. the hedge serves not only as a physical barrier between the private space of the girls and the bustling street behind it, but also a metaphorical contrast between innocent reverie and humdrum reality.

e.g.
IMG_8608_a.jpg

Ah i see... Ok, point taken zaren. And I like your point of view on this picture. :)

And thanks to everyone so far for your tips and comments! :D

if you know that the picture is not compositionally sound by having space on the left, why don't you crop it, that is my question?

the tilt is not such a problem in people photography, so long as your subject does not appear to be walking on the wall

btw, the massive amount of colours here while nice when taken individually, i feel they do not work together. i tried desaturation, but it didn't seem to work either.

with a touch of urban acid

2423770549_f78ed2f661_o.jpg

Hi Night86mare, how is the urban acid done? can share the workflow?

Hi Night86mare, how is the urban acid done? can share the workflow?

it is done with a photoshop action

you can see more about it here and download the action here (1/3 of the way down the page)

i usually use 70% for both layers, you'll get what i mean when you try to use it

it is done with a photoshop action

you can see more about it here and download the action here (1/3 of the way down the page)

i usually use 70% for both layers, you'll get what i mean when you try to use it

Found it, and along with many other interesting actions. thanks!:D
Will try it when my DSLR arrives, along with so many other ideas already clouding up my head!!!:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.