For those who thinks FF is the cure for bad pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
Its a person choice how to spend the money...if want FF then so be it.

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2008/12/the-full-frame.html

ok, so this is one man's opinion and probably will do nothing to quench the equipment envy/insecurity among CSers here. nevertheless, it is still a good read and ponder over...

meantime, i'll go back to staring at the D3x ad, if you dun mind...

well.. everyone here in singapore thinks that having the best biggest meanest will give them super good quality pictures...

the article do make sense.. but i doubt it will knock any sense to the members here who thinks having money can make things go their way, and having the biggest baddest camera will make the picture win awards.

good effort for bring this article up. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Its a person choice how to spend the money...if want FF then so be it.

true. but thats a negative response and a negative perspective on how one looks at photography.

well.. everyone here in singapore thinks that having the best biggest meanest will give them super good quality pictures...

the article do make sense.. but i doubt it will knock any sense to the members here who thinks having money can make things go their way, and having the biggest baddest camera will make the picture win awards.

good effort for bring this article up. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

true. but thats a negative response and a negative perspective on how one looks at photography.
One can say as much as one wants but as long the other party is convinced that certain equipment will give them sharp picture rather then understanding the theory and training the techniques that gives sharp pictures, all we say will enter one ear and go out the other. as long they happy-lah.

One can say as much as one wants but as long the other party is convinced that certain equipment will give them sharp picture rather then understanding the theory and training the techniques that gives sharp pictures, all we say will enter one ear and go out the other. as long they happy-lah.

Totally agree. We can't force our views and opinions on others; we can advise and even try to persuade, but ultimately the individual has the freedom to spend his money on anything he thinks is worth spending on.

欢喜就好!

but full frame camera pictures make people go WOW

you just need to remember to post the EXIF data

oh, ok

will do that when i get mine

oh, ok

will do that when i get mine

to save us the trouble of having to save and check..

just make sure you design a nice nice border that proclaims that the picture is taken with a ff camera, even though no one can tell at web size.

even better if you are using a pro grade lens, just dump the information in as well. your picture can be out of focus, badly composed.. but there will still be people going WOWWWWWW! THE BOKEH VERY NICE, or THE NOISE LEVEL VERY LOW. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

wah, cool tips :thumbsup:

pity i bad in designing

just good in show off... but now, even no money to show off to buy this d3x

never mind; garman may give us money during budget

than i can buy the d3x and use my one and only lens with it;

the cult (and legendary 55-200mm dx) ... :)

For me... Wide Angle, High ISO performance & DoF is the advantage of FF, everything else is the same as a normal dslr....

wah, cool tips :thumbsup:

pity i bad in designing

just good in show off... but now, even no money to show off to buy this d3x

never mind; garman may give us money during budget

than i can buy the d3x and use my one and only lens with it;

the cult (and legendary 55-200mm dx) ... :)
actually over the D3x, i would consider the Sony A900 instead reason being value for money and that the US$7999 D3x`s sensor is based on the US$2999 A900`s sensor.

to save us the trouble of having to save and check..

just make sure you design a nice nice border that proclaims that the picture is taken with a ff camera, even though no one can tell at web size.

even better if you are using a pro grade lens, just dump the information in as well. your picture can be out of focus, badly composed.. but there will still be people going WOWWWWWW! THE BOKEH VERY NICE, or THE NOISE LEVEL VERY LOW. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
maybe some people will just post the Exif BIG BIG and have a small photo insert into it.

oh wait this is so familiar ... i might remember something like that ..

"Wow! That looks so good it must have been shot with a full-frame camera!" No. I don't imagine that happening.

He doesn't imagine enough, it is real.
The shots look different from a full-frame camera :)

this looking more like a ff bashing thrashing flushing thread :bsmilie:

for all those who has an ff but don't want it because of the wow factor, beacuase it is the person (not the camera), for those who feels 'who needs ff'... for those who pixwel peep into the bad optics on ff;

kindly donate your d3x, d3, eos1dsmkii, eos5d, eosefmk2, alpha900 (or alphaville also can and d700 ... (otherwise, i have to wait for garmen budget day :sweat:)

to M E :bsmilie:

i pormise to use my one and only cult dx lens, the legend afs 55-200mm f-5.6 non-vr lens to make all pics W O W :bsmilie:
P.S. no need other lens ... below 55mm, i just use my eyes to see, no need to photo; beyond 200mm ... far front sight, don't bother to take in too ...

everything in the exif (as mentioned above) will be huge and bold ... but pics will be so small that one can t tell a diff whether p&s or medium format

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.