For those who are keen to shoot Getai

incur the wrath of the unknown is one thing....incur the wrath of the organisers and etc is another. All it takes is a few to spoil the goodwill created by many.

better list down some pointers for the beginners to getai shows.

Please share the do and don't. I just want to be sure.

i may be wrong, but here's the don'ts

1) dun occupy the front seats, it's meant for the good bros
2) dun use flash (just like you go concert?) So you need a good prime lens or some lens that allows you to shoot wide open.
3) tie a red string ard your wrist when u go to the Getai, and discard that red string once u left. This will ensure that the unknown wun follow you back. - You can skip this if you are not the supersititous sort.

i can only think of these 3 for now, will add if i can recall anymore. The rest feel free to add.

Last edited:
4) don't stand in front and block other people.
5) be careful of where you walk cos some grassy areas has potholes.

gohjialong said:
4) don't stand in front and block other people.
5) be careful of where you walk cos some grassy areas has potholes.

Ohh i rem one more.

6) there is bound to be offerings or burnt joss papers nearby these Getais, dun anyhow kick or if you do (accidentally) remeber to apologise.

I am going for my first Getai shoot this saturday at the one at bukit batok, anyone keen to join me to pm me for details.

its been bugging me but do red shoelaces count as red string?

Thanks. I will be sure to go and enjoy the entertainment.

Hi everyone :)
Anyone going on this Sunday , I am keen to join please PM me :)

I am shooting Getai on this coming saturday evening. Anyone who wish to join me are welcome!

I am shooting Getai on this coming saturday evening. Anyone who wish to join me are welcome!

Where are you going to shoot? I tried two so far, not very interesting, compared to the ones I go to last year.

intending to do my 1st time shooting getai this weekend.

Any photography tips? Ideal iso/camera settings from experience?

Where are you going to shoot? I tried two so far, not very interesting, compared to the ones I go to last year.

I will be shooting at this saturday:
王雷/林茹萍/皓皓
韭菜芭城隍庙-Arumugan Rd (Behind Geylang Police Station)

intending to do my 1st time shooting getai this weekend.

Any photography tips? Ideal iso/camera settings from experience?

I am shooting mainly in AV and manual mode.

For AV, my setting is f4, ISO 1600
For manual my setting is f4, ISO 1600, shutter speed 1/250 when using my Olympus 200mm f4 lens and f4, ISO 1600, shutter speed 1/160 when using my Canon 135mm f2 lens.

As u can see my preference is at aperture f4. So your preference may varies. :D

The reason why i am using f4 is because I don't want to use too high ISO because the smaller aperture you use, the higher ISO will be required in order to get the correct exposure. And too big an aperture u use, the DOF will be too thin which makes it hard to focus when the singers move. So for me f4 is just nice. Although f5.6 is still fine but I still prefer f4.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip.

I am using the basic kit lens. I guess i have to do wide open and bump up alittle on the iso, really dislike having shallow Dof.

Ok so where to meet?

want to shoot getai also where u guys shooting?

Hi like to join u for the shoot. Juz pm u my no.