For those who are keen to shoot Getai

NJMES said:
intending to do my 1st time shooting getai this weekend.

Any photography tips? Ideal iso/camera settings from experience?

I shot at the one held at Bukit Ho Swee. Rented an 85mm f1.4D for the occasion. Mainly shot wide open at an ISO of 250 if the shooting the stage. AV mode all the way.

Thanks for the tip.

I am using the basic kit lens. I guess i have to do wide open and bump up alittle on the iso, really dislike having shallow Dof.

Ok so where to meet?

want to shoot getai also where u guys shooting?

Hi like to join u for the shoot. Juz pm u my no.

sorry guys (reportage as well)! just now keep changing venue last min (cos either the venue not suitable or a bit hard to shoot), in the end only NJMES and shelomoh meetup with me and my friends.

no problem....today going the two at Bukit Batok.

thing is i cannot read chinese so which one is "better" as in more opportunities for pics?

刘玲玲/李佩芬 (Ft. 台湾明日之星赖慧如) Organiser: 丽星舞台秀 Band: 神风 Location: 424 Bukit Batok West Ave 2

朱莉莉 (Ft. 台湾明日之星赖慧如) Organiser: 丽星舞台秀 Band: 骑士 Location: 113 Bukit Batok West Ave 6

I think the Jurong East one is more or less guaranteed to be packed with people.

Hi I'm interested to go too. 14 Aug 2011 Sunday, Any one interested?
Pls do sms me if you go one of them. I stay at east area.
Thanks
my number 9237 1235

no problem....today going the two at Bukit Batok.

thing is i cannot read chinese so which one is "better" as in more opportunities for pics?

刘玲玲/李佩芬 (Ft. 台湾明日之星赖慧如) Organiser: 丽星舞台秀 Band: 神风 Location: 424 Bukit Batok West Ave 2

朱莉莉 (Ft. 台湾明日之星赖慧如) Organiser: 丽星舞台秀 Band: 骑士 Location: 113 Bukit Batok West Ave 6

I think the Jurong East one is more or less guaranteed to be packed with people.

Blk 424 is a better one.