For those wearing transition lens

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
I am wearing glasses but I don't have a transition glasses before. I am wondering, for those who are wearing, how does it affects you during photo taking in bright daylight? Will you even can't see what is on the LCD and when you looks into the EVF, will it be darker than before? I am planning for transition lens as after night shift, my eyes very tired and I need those to block out the sun. Quite troublesome for me to change to sun glasses and then put back normal ones when don't required. That's why my sun glasses been left in the dust, after I brought it out for a few times. :eek::(

You can 'simulate' how it looks to you by shooting with sunglasses with a similar shade/intensity.

hard to do so as I never know what level of shade the lens will gives me.

hard to do so as I never know what level of shade the lens will gives me.

If you have ordinary dark sunglasses, I reckon those will give you a close enough experience in bright sunlight...

Transitions® everyday lenses get as dark as ordinary sunglasses. If you prefer the darkest lenses available we recommend Transitions® XTRActive®, our darkest everyday lenses ever.

Photochromic lenses react to their environment so the level of darkness is affected by extreme temperatures, UV exposure and lens materials.

Transitions® lenses darken immediately upon exposure to UV light. The level of darkness will depend on the amount of UV light present, time of day and direction of the sun.

http://www.transitions.com/en-sg/why-transitions/faqs/

No issues at all.

Wearing transitional glasses, and no issues either. Not even thought that there might be issues with switching between EVF and LCDs until this thread.

I use transition lenses, and so far, no problems. You may wish to refer to the histogram for a more precise understanding of the exposure of the image.

I wear transitions too, it's all fine. With EVF there's so many exposure tools anyway. I find blinkies (highlight/shadow warning) the most useful; histograms in EVFs are usually either too small or too big that they become distracting.

Thanks for all the feedbacks. Will get a pair soon. Need to take care of my eyes, long way to go. :D

I used to wear Transitions too, but these days I wear a dedicated sunglasses, as I work outdoor quite often. I find the sunglasses shade still darker. Do note that if you are driving, Transitions don't work as well while you are in the vehicle.

Yeah, as with others, I've had no issues. They don't get really get as dark as traditional sunglasses.