For those wearing spectacles..qn..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBeNBeNN

Aug 28, 2008
Woodlands
Hi all...i'm a newbie here who juz got my hands on a 450D...as the title suggests, have a qn for those who wear specs...do you guys convert to using contact lens? or no probs wif ur specs on? or are there any accessories for those who wear specs? thx...

I have a lot of prob with spec on 450D. :( Just gotta deal with it or use a viewfinder magnifier.

No problems, just smack the camera up against my face :)

You may want to adjust your diopter setting till you are comfortable. I use a -1 dpt setting with glasses.

I have a lot of prob with spec on 450D. :( Just gotta deal with it or use a viewfinder magnifier.
Errr...i wear specs and take pictures on my 450d...it's fine....you need your specs, because you eye has to have the corrected vision so that what you look into the viewfinder is correct...otherwise a picture that you take may seem nice to you, but it's actually blur or outta focus....specs should be fine...you don't need to pop your whole eye inside...just give like 1cm away from the viewfinder and look, it'll be fine.

gman

You may want to adjust your diopter setting till you are comfortable. I use a -1 dpt setting with glasses.
Whats a diopter?

gman

i wear specs and i'm using 450D.
i just couldn't the the framing right at times.

Just take off specs and adjust the diopter... problem solved

I've no probs with it. In fact i preferred it this way as i've always to wipe off perspiration left on the eyepiece. Wearing specs keeps it clean. :)

Whats a diopter?

You know when people say "the power of my glasses is 150"???
Actually, that is a very local term (Malaysia/Singapore).

The correct terms is that "the correction for my eyeglasses/lenses is -1.50 diopter"

So, it is the amount of optical refraction, either convergent or divergent, that a corrective lens has (something like that anyway).

OK, I have been using glasses for over 33 years. And I have been using film and dig SLRs (Pentax, Minolta, Nikon, Canon etc) for the past 30 years. And I have never had a single problem with the viewfinder.

Sometimes I have a problem wearing specs to shoot. I look thru the viewfinder using my left eye, so the right lens of my specs is always pressing against my right thumb, always leaving prints on it after I take every shot. >_<

You know when people say "the power of my glasses is 150"???
Actually, that is a very local term (Malaysia/Singapore).

The correct terms is that "the correction for my eyeglasses/lenses is -1.50 diopter"

So, it is the amount of optical refraction, either convergent or divergent, that a corrective lens has (something like that anyway).

OK, I have been using glasses for over 33 years. And I have been using film and dig SLRs (Pentax, Minolta, Nikon, Canon etc) for the past 30 years. And I have never had a single problem with the viewfinder.
Oh...thanks! Haha...i've no problems too...haha..

Not much of a problem. Unless all the information numbers in the viewfinder is blurred then I will adjust the dioptre knob.

How to adjust when you need -9.5 diopter?

How to adjust when you need -9.5 diopter?

If you wear your glasses/contacts you should not need to adjust to -9.5. This secondary correction provided for in viewfinders is mainly to fine tune in case your glasses are slightly off or (I think) to correct for some long sightedness, not to act as primary correction for your eyes.

Camera in horitzontal shoot is not the main problem ...
when rotating to vertical, then that is the problem..

can't seem to frame the picture...

Dont U all face the same problem if you take photo with cap on? Always knock against the camera that I have to lift up the cap =(

Dont U all face the same problem if you take photo with cap on? Always knock against the camera that I have to lift up the cap =(
Haha...yupp...cap...just flip it backwards...

Camera in horitzontal shoot is not the main problem ...
when rotating to vertical, then that is the problem..

can't seem to frame the picture...

I've no problems framing my pic while wearing specs though. Initially yes, but after a while it's ok already.

Status
Not open for further replies.