For those that want to discuss Superman & spoilers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we await Donner's Superman II cut due November on DVD. :D

(yes, it will be a practically new movie from the Superman II we have now)

Was there even a climax in the show? I didn't sense any. It seems that before I could worry about anything in the show, the solution pops out of nowhere 10 seconds later. The script seems very scattered. I didn't notice much interaction between Lois & Clark but it was an entertaining movie to watch. Some familiar scenes like Clark's spectacles dropping yet still able to pick up Lois' stuffs and her picking his specs for him reminds me of the one with the specs in the fire and him taking it out without getting burnt in the previous show. Cute.

Superman had a spaceship to return back? The airplace incident, people were tossing around, yet when rescued, they seem to be neat and tidy with no messy hair. Lois didn't seem very angry when she met Superman on the rooftop, I assume she must be, writing that Pulitzer article. The water didn't seem affected when Lois and Superman were flying low over it. Lois found Lex's mansion just like that? I thought Clark was on that Blackout case. Did he finally find a place to stay? Superman could fly to the destination of the isle just by looking at coordinates, no map? Bullets bounce off his suit, yet a kryptonite dagger could pierce it? Superman wanted his crystals back, so what became of them? How did he come alive again after his pulse was 0 in the Emergency Ward? When he was recuperating and the nurse found the ward empty, how did they manage to find a needle that could pierce his skin for the intravenous drip? What became of Richard in the end of the show?

An idle mind is the devil's workshop. :devil:

Superman II, isn't that the one with the 3 fellas with the same powers as Superman? Gosh, that was ages ago.

Yup, Superman II is the one with the 3 dudes from Krypton.

Horsba85 said:
Was there even a climax in the show? I didn't sense any. It seems that before I could worry about anything in the show, the solution pops out of nowhere 10 seconds later. The script seems very scattered. I didn't notice much interaction between Lois & Clark but it was an entertaining movie to watch. Some familiar scenes like Clark's spectacles dropping yet still able to pick up Lois' stuffs and her picking his specs for him reminds me of the one with the specs in the fire and him taking it out without getting burnt in the previous show. Cute.
The interaction is in the awkwardness between them. If u watched it not only with ur eyes, u will know that interaction is all over.

Superman had a spaceship to return back?
He inherited the genius of his Father Jor-El, so its not surprising he had a spaceship to send him to back to the remains of planet Krypton.

The airplace incident, people were tossing around, yet when rescued, they seem to be neat and tidy with no messy hair.
Damnation, u really love to nitpick little details, don't u? :bigeyes: But I hope u did not miss the little conversation Superman had on flying statistics with the passengers after he landed the plane fuselage on the baseball court. ;)

Lois didn't seem very angry when she met Superman on the rooftop, I assume she must be, writing that Pulitzer article.
I don't think she's flat out hopping mad.

The water didn't seem affected when Lois and Superman were flying low over it.
They glided over gentle like the wind. Not with full blast zoom.

Lois found Lex's mansion just like that?
Did u or did u not watch the movie at all? :bsmilie: I'm beginning to suspect u didn't.

Superman could fly to the destination of the isle just by looking at coordinates, no map?
If he needed a map, he wun be superman.

Bullets bounce off his suit, yet a kryptonite dagger could pierce it?
U answered ur own question... KRYPTONITE

Superman wanted his crystals back, so what became of them?
I am absolutely convinced u did not even watch the show.

How did he come alive again after his pulse was 0 in the Emergency Ward?
He's not a human being even though he's being raised like one them.

When he was recuperating and the nurse found the ward empty, how did they manage to find a needle that could pierce his skin for the intravenous drip?
Is there even an IV drip? He was simply monitored for his heartbeat that's all.

An idle mind is the devil's workshop.
An idle mind's the devil's workshop. But in your case, sounds more like nitpicking and u slept throughout the movie. :bsmilie:

Superman II, isn't that the one with the 3 fellas with the same powers as Superman? Gosh, that was ages ago.
1980 to be precise. 26yrs ago

1) i hate to say it but i watched it last night at 9pm, ended at 11.30pm and then went on to watch 2.45am portugal v france.

2) The crystals just fell off the chopper onto the floor, he never go take meh?

3) oh ya, and superman erased lois memories with that kiss in the previous movie. how she remember they slept together and it's his son?

:devil:

jsbn said:
1980 to be precise. 26yrs ago

26 yrs of 80% Lester footage and 20% Donner footage. The new cut will be approximately 70% Donner, 30% Lester. ;) Can't wait!

Horsba85 said:
1) i hate to say it but i watched it last night at 9pm, ended at 11.30pm and then went on to watch 2.45am portugal v france.

2) The crystals just fell off the chopper onto the floor, he never go take meh?

3) oh ya, and superman erased lois memories with that kiss in the previous movie. how she remember they slept together and it's his son?

:devil:
1) France will take home the WC again! Trust me on this. Lose money dun find me. ;p
2) U din see what happened meh? ;)
3) U go and ask urself if a ginna 4yrs old can push pianos straight across a room? Mama's inuition who da child belongs to is never wrong. ;)

I think the biggest irony of all times...is that nobody can recognise clark is superman...just becos he doesnt wear specs and has that little curly wisp of hair....:bsmilie:

and once again, superman stupidly could not anticipate that Lex Luther will definitely have possession of kryptonite when confronting him...

Don't u all find it all strange when Lois is hurled all over the plane and yet no broken bones?

Horsba85 said:
How did he come alive again after his pulse was 0 in the Emergency Ward?
well, there's this very famous story, about how this powerful being sent his only son to live among the humans. the son sacrificed himself for them, and after he died they put his body in a dark place. but then they discovered that his body had disappeared. and shortly after, he reappeared, alive. sound familiar?

from the movie (not exact quote, but close enough)
"you say the world doesn't need a Saviour. yet every day i hear people crying out for one."

:angel:

I find this show very nostalgic. For those who grew up watching the show, many of the subtext pay homage to the original Superman 1-4.

Firstly, this is fiction. Please try not to tie in too much logic into it.

Next: She wrote the (Pulizter award) article about 1 year before the start of the show, ie about 4 years after he left. It is written as a eulogy to the relationship and to try to get over him. Those who have undergone actual relationships will know what I mean, as well as the 12-steps in letting relationship goes. How anyone can remain "very angry" for 5 years, I can never believe to be a sane person.

As for the boy, who knows? I mean he could have been a farewell fling that Superman had with her before he left. So the boy is around 4+ years old. In any case, she said it belonged to Richard, but that could have been a lie to Lex. She never claim to Richard that it is his child after all. They are co-hab and from the subtext, she only moved in after she had the child. Richard seems to know that the child is not his blood as well. Superman now knows that he has a son so heh.

pai said:
well, there's this very famous story, about how this powerful being sent his only son to live among the humans. the son sacrificed himself for them, and after he died they put his body in a dark place. but then they discovered that his body had disappeared. and shortly after, he reappeared, alive. sound familiar?

from the movie (not exact quote, but close enough)
"you say the world doesn't need a Saviour. yet every day i hear people crying out for one."

:angel:
Religious bullcrap aside. This is a movie for goodness sake.... :confused:

jsbn said:
Religious bullcrap aside. This is a movie for goodness sake.... :confused:
hehe, movie is filmed with a certain idea in the mind of the director and the writer. why do you think they shot him in that pose when he was falling back to earth, arms outstretched like JC on the cross?

i'm not a religious person, just someone pointing out the religious references the film-makers put into the show. think it's bullcrap, go scold the director lor :sweatsm:

pai said:
hehe, movie is filmed with a certain idea in the mind of the director and the writer. why do you think they shot him in that pose when he was falling back to earth, arms outstretched like JC on the cross?

i'm not a religious person, just someone pointing out the religious references the film-makers put into the show. think it's bullcrap, go scold the director lor :sweatsm:

Not only that. A lot of reference. "..the son became the father...".

CreaXion said:
Not only that. A lot of reference. "..the son became the father...".
don't forget, jor-el is played by Marlon Brando... the GODfather? :devil:

ok, steadily getting crappier...

Status
Not open for further replies.