For those that blabber about insufficient subjects to shoot in S'pore..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNAG

Jun 14, 2002
Visit site
I found this quote in Pioneer magazine, May 2003.

Found this quite true, so might as well share it with you guys.
Here goes:

(Quote)
..... Yet Sngapore remains close to their hearts, even as one sticky complaint rears its ugly head occasionally amongst photographic enthusiasts in Singapore."There's nothing to shoot in Singapore!"

A tormenting and convenient excuse that haunts many a budding photographer, as much as Fuji Film would love millions to use their film to capture a million Kodak moments many times over.

"Objectively, I'll say that it's definitely not true," said Yian.
"Subjectively, for ourselves, because we live here in Singapore, maybe it is harder psychologically. However, I think Singapore is one of the most colourful places. There's no lack of subjects, we just have to go find them."

If I'm a writer, it'll be about writing something I really care about;for the society I live in, the surroundings that define me. I use photography to comment about things I'm not happy with, and to celebrate things that I'm happy with.
(Unquote)

I found this blurb exceptionally inspirational... Makes me wanna go out and shoot more stuff! :)

no lah. the writer is someone else.

btw, the quote was attributed to Tay Kay Chin...

Originally posted by SNAG
I found this quote in Pioneer magazine, May 2003.

Found this quite true, so might as well share it with you guys.
Here goes:

(Quote)
..... Yet Sngapore remains close to their hearts, even as one sticky complaint rears its ugly head occasionally amongst photographic enthusiasts in Singapore."There's nothing to shoot in Singapore!"

A tormenting and convenient excuse that haunts many a budding photographer, as much as Fuji Film would love millions to use their film to capture a million Kodak moments many times over.

"Objectively, I'll say that it's definitely not true," said Yian.
"Subjectively, for ourselves, because we live here in Singapore, maybe it is harder psychologically. However, I think Singapore is one of the most colourful places. There's no lack of subjects, we just have to go find them."

If I'm a writer, it'll be about writing something I really care about;for the society I live in, the surroundings that define me. I use photography to comment about things I'm not happy with, and to celebrate things that I'm happy with.
(Unquote)

I found this blurb exceptionally inspirational... Makes me wanna go out and shoot more stuff! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.