For those having oil problems on their lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpix0r

Oct 2, 2002
West
I've found the ultimate solution and it costs less than 5 bucks! For those who need to get rid of stubborn oil spots created by your itchy fingers on the lens that refuse to come off the lens, get the ZA oil blotter! It will not scratch the lens (That's how soft it is) and will easily absorb all the oil, but make sure you blow all the dust off first... :sweat:

You can use it on your specs too!

PS: My gf advises not to use other brands like Clearasil which has a thicker rubber like texture as it might scratch.

Vulpix0r said:
I've found the ultimate solution and it costs less than 5 bucks! For those who need to get rid of stubborn oil spots created by your itchy fingers on the lens that refuse to come off the lens, get the ZA oil blotter! It will not scratch the lens (That's how soft it is) and will easily absorb all the oil, but make sure you blow all the dust off first... :sweat:

You can use it on your specs too!

PS: My gf advises not to use other brands like Clearasil which has a thicker rubber like texture as it might scratch.

hmmm :think: You don't have UV/ Skylight filter attached to your precious lens?
Pretty scary idea to rub anything on the lens.

PhotoDog said:
hmmm :think: You don't have UV/ Skylight filter attached to your precious lens?
Pretty scary idea to rub anything on the lens.

Well, I had an oily like stain on my UV filter, but this is like general help for those who can't get rid or do not believe in UV filters. It did not scratch my filter at ALL and glided smoothly with a bit of pressure, removing the awful oil blot!

sounds like a good idea, I'll give it a shot if I need to, thanks
BTW I do not use a filter to protect the lens

Vulpix0r said:
Well, I had an oily like stain on my UV filter, but this is like general help for those who can't get rid or do not believe in UV filters. It did not scratch my filter at ALL and glided smoothly with a bit of pressure, removing the awful oil blot!

Well, I am quite worry about the coating on the lens/filter. If the coating is
removed, flare might be introduced.

ortega said:
sounds like a good idea, I'll give it a shot if I need to, thanks
BTW I do not use a filter to protect the lens

Please do consider using a filter to protect the lens if you are using a SLR.
It is cheaper to replace a filter than a lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.