For those DSLR Sensors which are dirty...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out these links as well:

http://www.bythom.com/cleaning.htm

http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/ccd_cleaning

Just did my 10D earlier today.

I used a couple of Ayer's speculums, which are used for doing Pap smears. Works great!

cleaning.jpg

I was going to do a short tutorial, but decided not to re-invent the wheel.

Before:
before.jpg

After:
after.jpg

Yes, I know there are still one or two dust specks, but I can't be bothered. Maybe next round.

erm will canon clean my cam's ccd for free if its still under warranty? i still no guts to self clean the ccd leh :embrass:

where to get the Eclipse fluid ?

Originally posted by StreetShooter

After:
after.jpg

Yes, I know there are still one or two dust specks, but I can't be bothered. Maybe next round.

wat is the setting?

if i can get something like this...i happy liao...

I used a couple of Ayer's speculums, which are used for doing Pap smears. Works great!
erm, not every1 has easy access to those you know... and i'm sure every pharmacists in SG will raise a eyebrow if you start asking for those as well... :D

Originally posted by Larry
erm, not every1 has easy access to those you know... and i'm sure every pharmacists in SG will raise a eyebrow if you start asking for those as well... :D

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Originally posted by kiama
where to get the Eclipse fluid ?

Cathay Photo. $18 for a package containing one bottle (59 ml) of Eclipse fluid and a small packet of ten pec-pads. I cut each pec-pad into 4 pieces to make my swabs, so that's 40 swabs. Enough for more than 20 cleanings (so far I've done only 2 - once for my D30 and another time for my 10D).

I don't think Canon will clean CMOS for you as it is not considered a manufacturing defect. But you can always try.

Just ask your neighbourhood GP for the Ayer's speculum. Very cheap, about 2 cents each. Either that, or use an ice cream stick lor.

MO for the Ayer's Speculum?:bsmilie:

One guy can volunteer to sacrifice his dignity to go to the pharmacist and order a hundred boxes of pap smear kits.:D

Better not, maybe used before one...:bsmilie: Just kidding!

Ice cream stick with PEC-PAD do the job with the help of the EH -5 power adapter for D100. Do not user BULB to freeze the shutter and it will damage the CCD.

Be carefull when cutting the pecpads... When you cut them they are no longer Lint free and can leave small strands on the CCD... I cut them as well just be sure to leave the cut edge away from the CCD.

Cathay Photo. $18 for a package containing one bottle (59 ml) of Eclipse fluid and a small packet of ten pec-pads. I cut each pec-pad into 4 pieces to make my swabs, so that's 40 swabs. Enough for more than 20 cleanings (so far I've done only 2 - once for my D30 and another time for my 10D).

I don't think Canon will clean CMOS for you as it is not considered a manufacturing defect. But you can always try.

Just ask your neighbourhood GP for the Ayer's speculum. Very cheap, about 2 cents each. Either that, or use an ice cream stick lor.

according to canon....

if it is under warranty, can bring back for cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.