For the Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8, Pentax and Sony users have advantage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
Since their anti-shake technology is body based rather then lens based.

:rolleyes:

Isn't it so obvious? ;)

Not just that lens, even macro lens have advantage :D

The point is in the same hands, would the lens work better if it had stabilization?

since the lens is so highly regarded and in demand..i was wondering why not add in stabilization options as well as high speed motor for even faster focus speed?

people are willing to pay money for this lens. Not like all the 17-50s of all the brands came from one process machine and tamron simply bolted on the mounts as needed.

from what i think its a win win since a good lens becomes better and those confident with handheld lens get a little boost from having stabilization.

Last edited:
every

single lens that does not have VR, machines with in-body stabilisation will have an advantage. like it or not, even though it is not "tailored" per se, it will help somewhat.

that said, stabilisation is not a super must. personally if i have a choice i will shoot with a tripod for everything, but there are situations where it is inconvenient or not advisable.

actually, i have noticed that the new wiz bang tech on lenses will make it more prone to failure
and it is quite costly to repair

eg. my old AF lenses from almost 2 decades ago are still working fine
but i see threads with reports that their stabilisation or high speed AF motor fail

Status
Not open for further replies.