For the freelance photogs : Raising prices for 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe yeap!! well its more like 1 and 2/3 of a peanut :p

jnet6 said:
Hmm... is that "peanuts"? i like that.

price must go up, because... transport fare up,petrol up, food also up, bank interest up too...
come on, don't let yr pro equipment down by charging cheaply. ok...
let's earn big for next yr and we all can Buy Buy Buy.

The main reason I made this request is because the economy has been recovering, or rather the recession is over by quite a while lar. So all those who postponed their customary banquet are starting to come out. Actually it has already started in the 2nd half of 2005. Some couples were ROMed as early as 2002 but now then book customary for 2006, due to low sentiments during the recession. Increased demand, increased prices.

We can all do it if we work hand in hand.

If don't raise we'll just lose out and it won't be that good in 2007/2008 etc.... Else why would hotels and bridal studios be raising as much as 25, 30%?

raise! raise! raise! then buy! buy! buy! ahahahaha! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Which means the market will become very competitive...let's hope nobody come in and spoilt the market. Long live freelance photogs and united we stand! :D

Stoned said:
I just doubled my price, but that's cos I was charging "learning price" before. I like the idea of the increase though.

100% increase must be damn shiok!! ;)

Aiyah! 2100 you should have fired this thread earlier mah! I just accepted a wedding booking last week for end-Dec'06 at my 'usual' price.

But it's ok for me lah, coz it's my friend's wedding, so charge her 'friendship' price. ;) Please don't flame me for spoiling market! :lovegrin:

I want to do freelance photography... but dun even know the market price and dun know of any source....:(

Sion said:
Now you are going to get more "friends" asking for "friendship" price. :bsmilie:
I seriously don't mind making more friends in that case. Money can easily earn but not friendship!

Sion said:
Even those who shoot for free should raise their price by 15% too.

15% more of free is better than free. Right? :)

115% or free is still free :dunno:
maybe they should start charging $15

MatthewSCL said:
like iamasaint, i seriously dont mind paying 1K for his works..cos u cant find similar quality like his...:thumbsup:

pls la kelvin tt kind of work...i'd gladly pay more than 1k....hahaha

hmm everyone up prices .... stoned summore double... power.... but there is always the probs of the pre-agreed on prices for nxt year wif clients who sign up this year...if somone else comes now and i tell them more...they complain how?

tt's gonna be one issue man....

cheers..

Yep... a thorny issue all the time as our Singaporea/Asian always compare prices between this and that... then and now...

For me, I have issued an informal notice that for couples who signed up before the end of this year, this is the price. After 31st December 2005, welcome to the new year and it's another 20% more....

This way, I get a bit of boost for end year sales and also serves as a way to tell peolple (especially those referred by existing clients) of the new pricing...

Cheers to a good year ahead for those who are in this business and serious about making photography a serious professions....

Daniel

Witness said:
hmm everyone up prices .... stoned summore double... power.... but there is always the probs of the pre-agreed on prices for nxt year wif clients who sign up this year...if somone else comes now and i tell them more...they complain how?

cheers..

Witness said:
cheers..
Mm...yup, actually that's happening to me now. Present client's wedding just over and recommended me 4 potential clients, and they have their own potential clients to recommend too. All in all, what i do is to throw in freebies like 60 more 4Rs, FOC photo montage (easy to do lar, just 30-min jobbie), etc.... The price stays! You see if the client is a big fish or small fish.....like i told some before in private, better not piss off anybody. The AD fraternity is very small, coz usually friends/colleagues are also getting married (all same age). I actually have 8 couples in which they are all related one. hehe.... Either that or they know each other in forum or MSN. Never piss off couples....lun ah!

Actually raising price is not too bad too. You have a fixed number of couples in the pool, you raise price and so get less couples signing up. However, you last time you do 5 per month, now you do 4 and still get the same money. There is more to share around even with so many of us right now. I guess most just want to find enough rice to fill the stomach 3 times a day lar....

The main issue is that all need to raise price, and upgrade the image and charge levels, as a whole. We need cooperation and trust. Just raise it, and if you want to give a small bit of discount afterwards, give it. But the basic charge level must be raised to upgrade the "perception". Else stuff like $600 with 300 4R prints (for eg only) are here to stay, basically just more work and less money. Why not do less work and more money? Of coz individuals will price themselves accordingly to their services offered and skills.

Minimum market value, if they can't find $600 with prints, they LL need to pay more. Else they jolly well ask some friend with a digicam to take for them. Cooperation is key. Lets make it a better place for all.

yeah.....should have tot about the more prints stuff hahaha.... will do la.... sooner or later also have to increase...lottsa new equipment coming in.....

maybe we can all kopi someday....

cheers....

Status
Not open for further replies.