For the freelance photogs : Raising prices for 2006


Status
Not open for further replies.

2100

Senior Member
Mar 3, 2004
3,591
0
0
48
#1
Just wondering if you wedding guys know next year is a very hot year, esp year end.

Lets make the market a better place. I have raised my pricing by 15%.
Hotels have done it, why not us? Eg Intercontinental raised 25%
 

2100

Senior Member
Mar 3, 2004
3,591
0
0
48
#3
snowspeeder said:
Good move. I'm looking at 10 - 20% upz.
Yup...AMEN! Nice to hear someone who's with me. It will be a better place for all. :)
It might seem that going up 15% will cut sales. Yup, it may seem so now. But trust me, from the mails i am getting many are just holding out, test market get quotations......coz year end still far mah. Last minute there will surely be some guys who end up with no photographer. Be patient, you will reap the benefits when you are closer to the date. Esp for next year starting Sep 28 to Dec.
 

Stoned

Senior Member
May 7, 2004
4,378
0
0
30
Changi
www.photo.net
#5
I just doubled my price, but that's cos I was charging "learning price" before. I like the idea of the increase though.
 

Jul 17, 2005
2,504
0
0
33
Clementi
#6
2100 said:
Yup...AMEN! Nice to hear someone who's with me. It will be a better place for all. :)
It might seem that going up 15% will cut sales. Yup, it may seem so now. But trust me, from the mails i am getting many are just holding out, test market get quotations......coz year end still far mah. Last minute there will surely be some guys who end up with no photographer. Be patient, you will reap the benefits when you are closer to the date. Esp for next year starting Sep 28 to Dec.

Amen? :think:
 

2100

Senior Member
Mar 3, 2004
3,591
0
0
48
#7
Stoned said:
I just doubled my price, but that's cos I was charging "learning price" before. I like the idea of the increase though.
Good to hear that! After you have about done about 3-4 weddings i am sure you can handle one on your own from now on.
 

hori

New Member
Jun 22, 2003
481
0
0
Singapore
#8
I think if photographers raise prices, it will have a positive effect that the image of increased standards with higher priced photographers.
 

Jun 27, 2002
3,802
0
0
here
www.9frames.com
#9
i just doubled my prices this year end and i got immediate bookings.

Clients will view you differently when you are too 'cheap'.

now that its my ricebowl, and when i do my maths, i will be losing money if i do not charge a certain amount.
 

V

vince123123

Guest
#11
One also wonders if it is all just for psychological effect :p
 

Jun 27, 2002
3,802
0
0
here
www.9frames.com
#12
if makeup artist charges about $500-700 for their services, photographers should charge at least twice or triple that amount for so much more work and effort.

for freelancers and amount means more pocket money, i was one before my mindset was like that. But if you are just paid the same or more than the make up artist, i rather be a makeup artist, less stress compared to a photographer.

As commerial photography goes, events are the most badly paid business, weddings are the most effort, if you do it properly. The effort is worthy if you love the job and do your best. i love it as well as most people here.

But its is just for the money, do other type of commercial photography, the money is better.:)
 

Apr 22, 2002
761
0
0
Central
#13
hori said:
I think if photographers raise prices, it will have a positive effect that the image of increased standards with higher priced photographers.
yes...definetly, however, we still have to be abit considerate to weigh the charges and the quality of the package. We cant possibly charge $1K and our pictures sucks right...hehehhe

just my personal point of view....think pricing wise will still need to fall back on the amount of time and effort you spend on their wedding and the quality of the shots...

like iamasaint, i seriously dont mind paying 1K for his works..cos u cant find similar quality like his...:thumbsup:
 

P

Phildate

Guest
#14
I will be putting my prices up by 15 - 33% as of the New Year - not that I do weddings but for everything else. Equipment costs/needs is my justification - and like people have already said, you can increase demand by increasing price.
 

V

vince123123

Guest
#15
Hehe then in that case shouldn't we all charge S$1,000,000 per shoot so we can have astonishing demand?? :bsmilie:

Phildate said:
and like people have already said, you can increase demand by increasing price.
 

jnet6

Senior Member
Apr 21, 2004
8,179
0
36
not here often anymore
#16
vince123123 said:
Hehe then in that case shouldn't we all charge S$1,000,000 per shoot so we can have astonishing demand?? :bsmilie:
Hmm... is that "peanuts"? i like that.

price must go up, because... transport fare up,petrol up, food also up, bank interest up too...
come on, don't let yr pro equipment down by charging cheaply. ok...
let's earn big for next yr and we all can Buy Buy Buy.
 

Xing

Senior Member
Nov 4, 2004
1,048
0
36
Lower Seletar Reservoir
#17
Belle&Sebastain said:
if makeup artist charges about $500-700 for their services, photographers should charge at least twice or triple that amount for so much more work and effort.
HAHA... couldn't agree more. I've got a bride who didn't flinched a bit when her make up artist (TG) charged her $1600 for the package. On the other hand, my 1K quote to her was debated fiercely, finally convinced her with my final product ;p
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#18
I already increased my price few months ago, after calculating the increase in PUB bill, increase in bank interest rate, increase in patrol price, to be in line with the booming Singapore economy.
 

jnet6

Senior Member
Apr 21, 2004
8,179
0
36
not here often anymore
#19
Astin said:
I already increased my price few months ago, after calculating the increase in PUB bill, increase in bank interest rate, increase in patrol price, to be in line with the booming Singapore economy.
still not enough... can go some more. :devil:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom