For shooting aerospace show, Sigma or 70-300 IS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
I am wondering which one is better. I have EF 70-300 IS USM and Sigma 135-400
on hand now. Sigma is very heavy for my arm. Does the 300-400mm make a big
difference when shooting flight exhibits?
:confused:

400mm is 33% longer thn 300mm, so judge for urself. bring a tripod if u find it heavy

i'll share my experience.. using the F16 as a guage.. at 300mm.. it only filled up my entire AF-point square.
:D

with the A380.. 300mm enough to fill up the whole frame just nicely when it is doing the approach.

Good luck!

My advice. get the longest lens you can lay your hands on, and the maximum x TC so shoot the fighter down.

Look for donchua's photos, those were taken at 500mm.. i think he still needs to crop a bit. i'm not sure if he did.

damn it! i can forget bring my camera already. only own kit lens and wide angle for now...:embrass:

yanyewkay said:
i'll share my experience.. using the F16 as a guage.. at 300mm.. it only filled up my entire AF-point square.
:D

with the A380.. 300mm enough to fill up the whole frame just nicely when it is doing the approach.

Good luck!

My advice. get the longest lens you can lay your hands on, and the maximum x TC so shoot the fighter down.

Look for donchua's photos, those were taken at 500mm.. i think he still needs to crop a bit. i'm not sure if he did.

Yes, I use 500mm (FOV 750mm) and some I still need to crop a bit unless the
jet really near..

Thank you all. I am not sure how the flight shows are carried out.
I remembered in the NDP rehearsal, I used 28-135 IS a throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.