For people who getting camera this week!

S2Glow

Nov 23, 2011
Hi , i listen to all the experience camera people and i email alot of shop to get the e-quotes and this is the first quote i get! need some advice ,
will be posting more e-quotes if they send me one and hope you all help me to compare which is the best!

i am not sure what is a sirui ,i google it and is a tripod but i dont know which tripod model it is -_- ! so i cant compare the price
how much is the cheapest lens hood for that model so could calculate and btw
can i bargain to change free gift the bag to change battery and top up some money? issit appropriate? lol

Canon EOS 600D Kit w/EFS 18-135IS: $1,370.00 w/gst, cash/nets
FREE GIFTS:
SD8GB, EOS Bag, Screen Protector, Sirui The POD, EW73B Lens Hood & Phottix IR remote.
Online Warranty (2/11/11 - 27/11/11) redeem from Canon: Canon Tripod.

Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II: $125 w/gst, cash/nets
*Please note that quotations are in SGD and are valid for 1 week from date of issue, unless otherwise stated.
Receiving a quotation does not guarantee stock or availability.

TK PHOTO -----------------------

1) Canon Eos 600D kit 18-135 = $1364
2) Canon 50mm F1.8 II = $121

Come with a 8Gb sdhc, Canon Bag, Canon Tripod

zzz lousy gift !!
SLR revo -------------------------

MS colours was quoted 1380 with 8gb, tripod(claim from canon). canon bag and guide book..
iphoto(at lucky plaza) same as MS colours
Orient photo (same minus the guide book)
grrr all the gift same and laoya pok! grrzxcxzczcz

3 company ---------------

oh well the price guide last month for 600D is 1380 from MS color. so yeahh~ lol
this deal good or not? help evaluate lei.

thanks alot ! ^.^

( sorry for the thread title =.= ) misleading. type wrong cant change :( oh well

Last edited:
The lens hood listed is the original Canon lens hood. If you buy it separately you'll pay at least $50 bucks (yep, original lens hoods form Canon are that expensive). There are some 3rd party hoods: a) collapsible round rubber lens hoods; b) bayonet mount lens hoods similar to original one. So if it's included the deal looks quite good.
The whole package seems to be defined by Canon (hence you need to get the tripod from them). Nothing much to change.

Hello there.

The price guide section might not always reflect the latest updates. Try to check prices from 2-3 shops before you buy, so you can get a good price comparison.

Also, some shops may offer accessories on the spot, like battery grip or filters (both not free), you might want to check the prices for these accessories as well, or else there's a risk that you buy the camera with good price but more expensive price for the accessories.

My 2 cents. Happy hunting!

yeah checking, but is more reliable to ask forumer here cause website is not really up to date. so yeah waiting for more emails ^.^

yeah lols , waiting for MS color and CP etc to send me the e-quote -_- cannot wait already. if not use phone call haha

S2Glow said:
yeah lols , waiting for MS color and CP etc to send me the e-quote -_- cannot wait already. if not use phone call haha

It's better to call them..

in my experience.. CP's e-quote is cheaper than they quote directly thru call..
MSC is quite slow in responding email.. so yes call Florence..

TS.. u might want to request quote from Parasilk and SLR-Rev too..

just done for slr and parasilk hopefully they speed up! =P thanks all! wait here for the latest e-quote ! XD need help

just done for slr and parasilk hopefully they speed up! =P thanks all! wait here for the latest e-quote ! XD need help

Don't be in such a hurry. Relax. Don't anyhow jump onto the DSLR bandwagon without researching all the available options.

It show coming ma , sure the retail shop got good bargain to fight ! hopefully got $1300 and good free gift xDD!

It show coming ma , sure the retail shop got good bargain to fight ! hopefully got $1300 and good free gift xDD!

hahaha nothing particularly attractive during those shows. Prices are pretty high. Often the clueless go to these shows and end up paying more in order to get lots of worthless stuff :)

Erm. No. Same banana every 3 months.

price keep dropping though O_O , oh btw updated slr revo price! XD but dont have free gift list .... if they never state means its just the camera with lens ? :OO

For Cathay, e-equote is lower than when you call. Better to wait.

Also, bring the e-qoute along, I just bought something during lunch. eqoute put $160.

auntie still say that one not including GST, i promptly point to the sentence that says " all qoutations are inclusive of 7% GST"

so ya.

price keep dropping though O_O , oh btw updated slr revo price! XD but dont have free gift list .... if they never state means its just the camera with lens ? :OO

Means you ask them.

zzz slr revo the free gift Cmi! :( lol waiting for more e-quotes @_@ thanks guys :p please wait~

wa cb , it show promotion kanasai! expensive and free gift can throw to rubbish lol =(!