for ns guys serving or served

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably one of the countless stories that are fed to the men to keep alert and not sleep during the training =)

Most of them aren't true.... and those that are... well, you will never hear about it I guess.

I had my fieldcamp at Mandai jungle. Supposedly very "dirty".

But KNN whole day whole night dig trench fill trench dig trench fill trench... Tired like ****, in the end I just fell asleep in the shellscrape. Where got time to think about other things?

But KNN whole day whole night dig trench fill trench dig trench fill trench... Tired like ****, in the end I just fell asleep in the shellscrape. Where got time to think about other things?

Now army training never dig fire trench liao ;(

Then what's that one? As an infantry signaller, I just walked. :bsmilie:
lamsum is right beside KJE, beside the heavy vehicle park, i think you were further into LCK, Gedong area.

p/s: avatar looks real familiar. fr SP?

I always pray while i'm digging trench.....pray hard that i wouldn't kena tree roots or boulders. :bsmilie:

Now army training never dig fire trench liao ;(

Har? Then now who will dig trench for soldiers? Wait for private contractors with excavators ah? ET stick no longer part of full pack item??

Anyway, last time (the days where NSF recruit allowance was $175) the bunk next to mine got "incident". People say a few batches ago, one recruit go and hang himself inside, so now always got "visitor". But same thing lah, at night, you so tired that the moment your head touch the pillow, you KO already...

Har? Then now who will dig trench for soldiers? Wait for private contractors with excavators ah? ET stick no longer part of full pack item??

Anyway, last time (the days where NSF recruit allowance was $175) the bunk next to mine got "incident". People say a few batches ago, one recruit go and hang himself inside, so now always got "visitor". But same thing lah, at night, you so tired that the moment your head touch the pillow, you KO already...

Long time BMT never train to dig fire trench liao, last time my era still got dig. Sibeh xiong ah.

ET is still part of standard infantry equipment, just that there was a period of time soliders kena soil disease during trench digging so I guess they cut it already. And also trench digging need to train meh? :p

ET is still part of standard infantry equipment, just that there was a period of time soliders kena soil disease during trench digging so I guess they cut it already. And also trench digging need to train meh? :p

It used to be part of a training program for NS.

You dig fire trench before? How do u dig a grenade hole in the trench with just ur ET?
How do you camouflage ur trench and make a roof that's stable and can protect u?
No training then how to learn all these? With drawings? :dunno:

Long time BMT never train to dig fire trench liao, last time my era still got dig. Sibeh xiong ah.
fire trench don't have but still got dig shellscrape right?

Fire trench with full FOPK and camo can dig until die ah really.

there where got dirty, i go there field camp for 5 days, see no "evil".

maybe should ask guards about it cause seems like they have night exercises there.

This temple thingy rings smth in my mind.

Was doing sentry duty back then in 2004 near the area for my company's live firing. And I did not know any stories of sort back then.

My radio signal did went nuts when the last light disappears into the horizon and my handphone got no signal too. :sweat:

This temple thingy rings smth in my mind.

Was doing sentry duty back then in 2004 near the area for my company's live firing. And I did not know any stories of sort back then.

My radio signal did went nuts when the last light disappears into the horizon and my handphone got no signal too. :sweat:

hahas didnt saw aniting uh bro?

hahas didnt saw aniting uh bro?

No la.

But somehow very eerie loh. Quite scared also. Kns. Me alone leh.

Can hear dogs barking and howling in a distance. Luckily, my CSM came and change the sentry point of mine bcos he could not get thru to me on radio and mobile. :sweat:

Mind you, my signal set is already fixed with the antenna extender and still bo signal.

Last edited:
No la.

But somehow very eerie loh. Quite scared also. Kns. Me alone leh.

Can hear dogs barking and howling in a distance. Luckily, my CSM came and change the sentry point of mine bcos he could not get thru to me on radio and mobile. :sweat:

Mind you, my signal set is already fixed with the antenna extender and still bo signal.

You got move about with your signal set trying to establish comms bo, or just stand there stunned? Alo 10 this is 20 over...Alo 10 this is 20 over...10 this is 20 over...10 nothing heard out! :bsmilie:

Woah...your CSM really good leh...during my time, he'll for sure come and f people upside down. How come never man comms? :sweat:

All these discussions really brings back memories man. When was my last exercise out in the field? :angel:

Last edited:
lols. i still have about 3 more year till my my ns. any of our CS brother signed on?bo? haha

You got move about with your signal set trying to establish comms bo, or just stand there stunned? Alo 10 this is 20 over...Alo 10 this is 20 over...10 this is 20 over...10 nothing heard out! :bsmilie:

Woah...your CSM really good leh...during my time, he'll for sure come and f people upside down. How come never man comms? :sweat:

All these discussions really brings back memories man. When was my last exercise out in the field? :angel:

I tried everything i can. If not I would not even use my mobile which failed too. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.