[for North East Residents Only] National Day Photo Competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

izah10

Aug 10, 2007
w3stside
North East Residents Check this out!!.... i find out from newspaper[my paper]...

Open to residents of the North East District Only [Aljunied GRC, Tampines GRC, Pasir Ris - Punggol GRC & Hougang SMC]

Students' Category
Aged 6-18 years old

Public/Open Category
Aged 19 & above

All entries MUST reach by 16 May 2008

more info. http://www.northeastcdc.org.sg/1185156544482.html

have fun!!! ;)

Think something wrong...

From website - Each participant is allowed to submit only one entry, accompanied by an official entry form. Entry forms can be downloaded from http://www.northeastcdc.org.sg/

From the link to the competition detail (http://www.northeastcdc.org.sg/1206088861309.html ) under guideline for submission - There are no limits to the number of entries you submit, but each photograph must be accompanied by an application form clearly labelled as above.

So which is which :dunno:

Where to find national day photo to shot???

National Day is on 9-8-08 and we have to submit by 16 May 2008.

do take note of these points for those who want to enter and try to win first prize of $1000 ;)

11. All entries submitted will become the sole property of North East CDC who also reserves the right to use them in any manner deemed fit, without payment of any fees.

also note the following i their word doc download...

COPYRIGHTS
...Winning photographs may be used freely by North East CDC for future publicity

DATA PROTECTION/ COPYRIGHTS
...By entering a photograph into the competition you shall be deemed to waive unconditionally and irrevocably the benefit of any moral rights which might otherwise apply in respect to the use of that photograph by North East CDC.

all the best! :sweatsm:

do take note of these points for those who want to enter and try to win first prize of $1000 ;)

11. All entries submitted will become the sole property of North East CDC who also reserves the right to use them in any manner deemed fit, without payment of any fees.

also note the following i their word doc download...

COPYRIGHTS
...Winning photographs may be used freely by North East CDC for future publicity

DATA PROTECTION/ COPYRIGHTS
...By entering a photograph into the competition you shall be deemed to waive unconditionally and irrevocably the benefit of any moral rights which might otherwise apply in respect to the use of that photograph by North East CDC.

all the best! :sweatsm:

i was about to post this. basically, you're giving away your photos hoping that you will strike lottery. maybe even less of a chance.

if you think about it, the no-limits to no. of entries is more beneficial to them instead of you since they still "pay" the same amount to the winners. on the other hand, they will get more photos from those that wish to give their photos away.

this is really the worst T&C of any photo competition i have seen.

Believe most dslr already cost more than the prize $$$. Personally i feel that they are not respecting the professional photographers, "hey Boss, look! I got more photo with less $$$". But again when u ask them, they will tell you "ask not what the country can do for you, ask what you can do for the country"!

Maybe, just maybe that they are targeting participants with P&S or mobile camera?

they must be trying to outdo each other T&C :bsmilie::bsmilie:

agree. next T&C you will find:

"1. All images and equipment will become the property of XXX."

:bsmilie:

I just read the guidelines, do take note of the below.

"If you enter a photograph which shows any person under the age of 18 you must ensure you obtain written consent of that child’s parent or guardian to the publication of that photograph. Written consent must also be obtained from any individuals aged 18 or over who are identifiable in the photograph. It is your responsibility to ensure that the necessary consent to such publication has been obtained."

Status
Not open for further replies.