Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernLights

Dec 17, 2002
Singapore
www.flickr.com
This thread is for:

1. Only non-professionals.
2. Assignments like wedding, paid model photoshootouts etc.

For me I am still working at it....still well below what I have spent on my gears... :sweatsm:

Wa.... :bigeyes: can see tat Non-pros still can get $1001-$2000 not bad men .. wonder where they get so good lobang :think:

ha.. for me its still -ve.. :bsmilie:

Make money? More like loose money :complain: I shoot for my friends/family's special events/weddings as a favour - I end up paying for the film/development/prints etc, how to claim money back from them? :dunno:

yulee said:
Make money? More like loose money :complain: I shoot for my friends/family's special events/weddings as a favour - I end up paying for the film/development/prints etc, how to claim money back from them? :dunno:

At least you got to claim back the basic film and developing cost ... but since you do them "FAVOUR" ... u win liao ... :D

Sometimes I volunteer to shoot ... give CD only .... :)

yulee said:

Were you "force" to shoot or you willingly do them a favour? if it is the later, then you have to set the rule up front. You shoot for them but dev cost they have to bear.

Aiya, what to do - I got a large extended family - everybody knows I am into photography so everytime I kenna "arrowed". Evrytime thinking of asking them money back my parents sure say "never mind lah, treat as wedding present lor!" Now I learn smart - I shoot then just give them the rolls to develop themselves! :bsmilie: Better still - now got D70 - I shoot digital then send them the photos by email!

unfortunately, this poll focuses on monetary rewards. most of us may not make enough to pay for the photographic equipment or really wants to. non-monetary rewards counts too although difficult to quantify.

I know what you mean :think: - like my brother's wedding in Dec - Sigma 12-24mm 1.1k, 70-200mm APO HSM 1.2k etc At least he loan me his D70 - now I just shoot digital then email everyone the jpg files! :bsmilie:

very hard to make pretty girls pay ler....

You pay a lot less compared to photographic lesson :bsmilie: .
Not easy to get ppl trust you to shoot for wedding.

yulee said:

I won't have mind if it I was shooting pretty girls - trouble is most of the times I'm shooting Ah Pehs and Ah Sohs :bsmilie:

Well yulee, the more you shoot, the more you learn. :)
Expands your portfolio too (which is very important), who knows this could be a lucrative sideline for ya. Never will know when will bad times strike again.

NorthernLights said:
This thread is for:

2. Assignments like wedding, paid model photoshootouts etc.

For me I am still working at it....still well below what I have spent on my gears... :sweatsm:

Some people have been shooting for a few years. Maybe its more informative to find out how much Non Pros made ( or recouped :) ) from Assignments a year?

NorthernLights said:
This thread is for:

If you are making money from your photography aren't you a professional or semi-professional ???

yulee said:
Aiya, what to do - I got a large extended family - everybody knows I am into photography so everytime I kenna "arrowed". Evrytime thinking of asking them money back my parents sure say "never mind lah, treat as wedding present lor!" Now I learn smart - I shoot then just give them the rolls to develop themselves! :bsmilie: Better still - now got D70 - I shoot digital then send them the photos by email!

ya.. agreed on this.. its pretty hard to ask for payment if ur relatives or friends ask u for a 'favor'.. even if u asked for it.. their reaction will most likely be .. 'dun niao la.. im ur friend/relative.. juz shooting photos nia..'
most of them dunno the underlying costs and thnk its cheap shooting photos..
well.. even if they agree to give a 'token sum', they delay in giving u.. :eek:

What to do :dunno: Like 2100 said - treat it as "photographic lessons" fees lor :bsmilie: Wah don't mention the "bad times" :nono: As far as I'm concerned it has been bad since the late 80's...

Hmmm care to find me some assignments? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.