For Non-Pros only - How much have you made from Assignments

How much have NON-pros made from ad hoc paid assignments


Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 17, 2002
2,337
0
36
44
www.flickr.com
#1
This thread is for:

1. Only non-professionals.
2. Assignments like wedding, paid model photoshootouts etc.

For me I am still working at it....still well below what I have spent on my gears... :sweatsm:
 

Snake

New Member
May 23, 2004
317
0
0
EAST
#2
Wa.... :bigeyes: can see tat Non-pros still can get $1001-$2000 not bad men .. wonder where they get so good lobang :think:
 

yulee

New Member
Jun 26, 2003
433
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#4
Make money? More like loose money :complain: I shoot for my friends/family's special events/weddings as a favour - I end up paying for the film/development/prints etc, how to claim money back from them? :dunno:
 

KNIGHT ONG

Senior Member
Dec 18, 2003
5,792
1
38
PAKISTAN
www.pbase.com
#5
yulee said:
Make money? More like loose money :complain: I shoot for my friends/family's special events/weddings as a favour - I end up paying for the film/development/prints etc, how to claim money back from them? :dunno:
At least you got to claim back the basic film and developing cost ... but since you do them "FAVOUR" ... u win liao ... :D

Sometimes I volunteer to shoot ... give CD only .... :)
 

jimtong

Senior Member
May 8, 2002
1,528
0
36
Singapore
jimmyto.ng
#6
yulee said:
Make money? More like loose money :complain: I shoot for my friends/family's special events/weddings as a favour - I end up paying for the film/development/prints etc, how to claim money back from them? :dunno:
Were you "force" to shoot or you willingly do them a favour? if it is the later, then you have to set the rule up front. You shoot for them but dev cost they have to bear.
 

yulee

New Member
Jun 26, 2003
433
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#7
Aiya, what to do - I got a large extended family - everybody knows I am into photography so everytime I kenna "arrowed". Evrytime thinking of asking them money back my parents sure say "never mind lah, treat as wedding present lor!" Now I learn smart - I shoot then just give them the rolls to develop themselves! :bsmilie: Better still - now got D70 - I shoot digital then send them the photos by email!
 

reachme2003

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2003
3,735
0
0
#8
unfortunately, this poll focuses on monetary rewards. most of us may not make enough to pay for the photographic equipment or really wants to. non-monetary rewards counts too although difficult to quantify.
 

yulee

New Member
Jun 26, 2003
433
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#9
I know what you mean :think: - like my brother's wedding in Dec - Sigma 12-24mm 1.1k, 70-200mm APO HSM 1.2k etc At least he loan me his D70 - now I just shoot digital then email everyone the jpg files! :bsmilie:
 

Caussway

New Member
Dec 8, 2003
997
0
0
47
Malaysia
Visit site
#11
You pay a lot less compared to photographic lesson :bsmilie: .
Not easy to get ppl trust you to shoot for wedding.

yulee said:
Make money? More like loose money :complain: I shoot for my friends/family's special events/weddings as a favour - I end up paying for the film/development/prints etc, how to claim money back from them? :dunno:
 

yulee

New Member
Jun 26, 2003
433
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#12
I won't have mind if it I was shooting pretty girls - trouble is most of the times I'm shooting Ah Pehs and Ah Sohs :bsmilie:
 

2100

Senior Member
Mar 3, 2004
3,591
0
0
48
#13
Well yulee, the more you shoot, the more you learn. :)
Expands your portfolio too (which is very important), who knows this could be a lucrative sideline for ya. Never will know when will bad times strike again.
 

Jan 13, 2004
997
0
0
#14
NorthernLights said:
This thread is for:

1. Only non-professionals.
2. Assignments like wedding, paid model photoshootouts etc.

For me I am still working at it....still well below what I have spent on my gears... :sweatsm:
Some people have been shooting for a few years. Maybe its more informative to find out how much Non Pros made ( or recouped :) ) from Assignments a year?
 

james m

New Member
Dec 28, 2002
439
0
0
56
#16
NorthernLights said:
This thread is for:

1. Only non-professionals.
If you are making money from your photography aren't you a professional or semi-professional ???
 

r0n9

New Member
Jul 15, 2004
65
0
0
33
Clementi
#18
yulee said:
Aiya, what to do - I got a large extended family - everybody knows I am into photography so everytime I kenna "arrowed". Evrytime thinking of asking them money back my parents sure say "never mind lah, treat as wedding present lor!" Now I learn smart - I shoot then just give them the rolls to develop themselves! :bsmilie: Better still - now got D70 - I shoot digital then send them the photos by email!

ya.. agreed on this.. its pretty hard to ask for payment if ur relatives or friends ask u for a 'favor'.. even if u asked for it.. their reaction will most likely be .. 'dun niao la.. im ur friend/relative.. juz shooting photos nia..'
most of them dunno the underlying costs and thnk its cheap shooting photos..
well.. even if they agree to give a 'token sum', they delay in giving u.. :eek:
 

yulee

New Member
Jun 26, 2003
433
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#19
What to do :dunno: Like 2100 said - treat it as "photographic lessons" fees lor :bsmilie: Wah don't mention the "bad times" :nono: As far as I'm concerned it has been bad since the late 80's...
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom