For indoors, which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaoken

Deregistered
I going to do a few indoor shoot in the coming weeks.
Can I ask people here who have experience doing indoor, which is more suitable?

Ext. Flash Reflector:
reflector.jpg
reflector.jpg

OR
Lambency Light Sphere Diffuser:

2864898007_ea6864a565.jpg

On top of that, what are the differences in the results?
Thanks. :D

I going to do a few indoor shoot in the coming weeks.
Can I ask people here who have experience doing indoor, which is more suitable?

On top of that, what are the differences in the results?
Thanks. :D
my answer...if can move to brighter places, move. In the end...the humble bounce card is what i would choose to bring.

It all depends on where you are shooitng and wat effect you require.

There are so many light modifiers in the market. So choose one which suits your budget and needs... :)

1 important event I'm shooting is my cousin's wedding, indoor of course.
Which flash accessory would you guys advice me to use?

I'm just a spare photographer, using the Oly kit lenses.. :(

I use SoftLite diffuser, works great for me. It's a mixture of bounce card and diffuser. Looks a bit bulky when attached but it's easy to disassemble and it's flat in my bag. Search the forum for "Softlite", there is one guys in Marketplace selling the device.

1 important event I'm shooting is my cousin's wedding, indoor of course.
Which flash accessory would you guys advice me to use?

I'm just a spare photographer, using the Oly kit lenses.. :(

Something which you're familiar with and the effects it'll produce. Make sure you know what you're doing with it first.

Just stick to after market sto-fen la... I have mine with the top cut off to get max light output for ceiling bouncing. If you're shooting like far far away... just shoot direct.

Bottom line, with a hot-shoe flash, bounce whenever possible. All flash modifiers will pretty much give you the same look and it's more like how you use your flash in conjunction with your camera and ambient light that sets your 'flash litted' picture apart from the rest. No one can tell if you're using the Fens or Fongs or nothing at all.

Tip. I suppose the lighting condition will be the same throughout, if so... just stick to one manual settings for both your flash and camera to get consistent output and exposure throughout.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.