For DSLR: How do you handle your camera between pauses of up to 5 minute?

How do you handle your camer between pauses?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sin77

Nov 28, 2004
Please select your most preferred or usual style.

Last edited:
Between the pauses I'm shooting :bsmilie:

i just wondering what other methods could there be?

"put it down on a table / seat / chair / somewhere" ? I do that, or sling it on one shoulder.

I only use neck straps when shooting event or outdoor, so for short brake I just sling it, longer brake will put down the camera.

for studio I don't have strap, so just put down the camera.

I try not to use my right hand to hold/carry my camera when I'm not shooting, either using left hand or rest the lens on my left hand forearm with camera body against my body. since I need to shoot long hours and I'm use camera with MB and pro lens, some time with flash, the set up is rather heavy.

i just wondering what other methods could there be?

let assistant hold it, mount back on tripod and some other irrelevant/silly methods more suitable for a kopitiam thread..

Using a DIY 'BlackRapid' system...... so, my camera 'hang' across my shoulder most of the time if I'm not shooting :thumbsup:

I would sling to my side and hold the front of my lens with caps on. My 18-200mm VR lens tends to roll down by itself.

i got the same problem

Unless you are having a E420 with a pan cake lens, you would need very big pockets...:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:

or maybe just a lot of room!

Actually if I don't hold it, I'll put it in the bag around my waist.

so u referring to your compact camera just now? or your pocket super size?

i sling to the side and have my hands wrapped around the lens.

I have a waist bag & 3 sling bag for my camera too... but didn't use them much... at it is too obvious that I am currently a dslr... :sweat:

Err... What if I vary my style from time to time? Haha... I mean, I don't really recall a fixed way of handling my camera...

Mostly sling to the rear on my shoulder or hold it in my hands...

Usually I sling it on my left shoulder. Comfy for me that way. :D

Hang on my neck if short break of a few mins, longer than that I will sling on my shoulder...

OP/Tech strap makes it very comfortable... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.