For digital camera user, who happen to your photos?

For digital camera user, who happen to your photos?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, when i first got my digital camera, i developed a lot.

Now, lazier, now develop few good ones and kept the rest in disks.

what about 'Fully digital, but only print good or memorable ones'?

IN the begining about 5 yrs ago..do a lot of printing as not alot of friends and relative are not into viewing them on PC and have the right software to do slide shows or I am too tired of teaching them each time heh.

But these days ..almost all my stuff are produced, edited and seen digitally. Did my cousin's wedding which I shot about 3 CDROM worth of pictures which were then mass duplicated and given out to everyone that wanted to order a set. Throw in a slide show program and you are ready to go. ANd doing your own VCD format slide show is not a big deal these days.

FOr me anyway...printing out is a waste of time and cost as I dont have that many wall to put it up on especially when you consider a typical hobbist shoot at least 1-2 times per week...how many walls do you have if you select about one per week. And there is the framing factor too. What I usually do is select those I like the most and do a slide show screen saver and run that on all my PC ( home and office) and notebook.

Save a master copy to CDROM. That will not be touched at all. Purely for storage. Then have a work disc for edit on PS. Then save in tiff format after editing to a final CD. Every year or so will check on the condition of the CDs to see if rebacking up is needed. For now normal cds are fine but I see a day in about another year or so that I will have to convert them to DVDs to keep in line with the progress of the technology pertaining to removable storage formats and hardware.

what about photo album? not say hanging on the wall ...
i find that sometimes flipping thru' album of memories is nice :)

sammy888 said:
IN the begining about 5 yrs ago..do a lot of printing as not alot of friends and relative are not into viewing them on PC and have the right software to do slide shows or I am too tired of teaching them each time heh.

But these days ..almost all my stuff are produced, edited and seen digitally. Did my cousin's wedding which I shot about 3 CDROM worth of pictures which were then mass duplicated and given out to everyone that wanted to order a set. Throw in a slide show program and you are ready to go. ANd doing your own VCD format slide show is not a big deal these days.

FOr me anyway...printing out is a waste of time and cost as I dont have that many wall to put it up on especially when you consider a typical hobbist shoot at least 1-2 times per week...how many walls do you have if you select about one per week. And there is the framing factor too. What I usually do is select those I like the most and do a slide show screen saver and run that on all my PC ( home and office) and notebook.

Save a master copy to CDROM. That will not be touched at all. Purely for storage. Then have a work disc for edit on PS. Then save in tiff format after editing to a final CD. Every year or so will check on the condition of the CDs to see if rebacking up is needed. For now normal cds are fine but I see a day in about another year or so that I will have to convert them to DVDs to keep in line with the progress of the technology pertaining to removable storage formats and hardware.

oh well.. i shoot both digital and flim.. but as for digital, the best few gets printed, while the rest are being burned into a cd. of course before i sent them for printing, i will do some psing first....

then the good ones will all be in my portfolio.. other wise.. its all in a cd.. locked away.... hahaha... and nv to see the daylight again...

It depends actually.

For me, I shoot digital, store digital. But those which I take the extra effort to lug extra equipment juz to shoot a single scene (usually landscape), I'll have the tendency to print it out.

No, I dun print my photos of human shots, including car show models. I dun like ppl coming to me and say these things:

"Hey! That's a jude babe! U got her number?"
"U go to this show/place juz to shoot girls?" (when I shot other things too)
"I never knew u're such a pervert!" (most girls would fire this at guy ameuter photographers)

These 3 comments are sufficient to put me off shooting human subjects (unless they are REALLY, REALLY BEAUTIFUL!). :)

Paul_Yeo said:
what about photo album? not say hanging on the wall ...
i find that sometimes flipping thru' album of memories is nice :)

I am tired of photo albums since 10 yrs back ...all orange tint like for those early 60s -80s stuff me or my family shots. Piling up and stash here and there and when someone wants to see it you start looking high and low.

Now that they are all on CDs or those I have digitise from 35mm film or slides, things are alot more organised and last a life time (with some maintenance every few years technology takes another leap for storage). Anyone wants a copy..alot easier to duplicate copies and give out or alternatively use the pc or tv for viewing.

alittle OT....

I sense that these day and years, with the pricing of photography coming down for conventional 35mm or P&S camera and the huge ownership of PCs in every home or a tv with VCD. Photograhpy is so ramphant and common you find, the hobby is more a personal journey. You shot more for yourself or maybe your close family members. Hardly now do I show or would people even want to see what I shot. It is really just the couple of hobbist coming together for show and tell. The exceptions would be if it is like someone's wedding, company parties,some kind social event or some travel pictures which is more to see place they might go one day or had been...people are not that keen to sit through even a few minutes to hours looking over all your photographic adventure and passion with taking nice artful shots for the past many years.

There was a time long ago when you attend a wedding, you might have like a paid photographer. You might order or be given some token shots from the wedding as keep sake. Photography was also more costly back then and not as common. But these days..you attend a wedding there is almost no end of people flashing out anything from 35mm SLR (DSLR) to digital P&S to pda with cam to mobile phone with cam to shoot their own shots. It is almost an over load looking at their own then look at what I shot at that same event.

So for me personally, albums are passe. :) Fact is...the last poster I printed was like 1 yr ago heheh...my wall ran out of space. In fact these days I rather kinda like my wall clean with no more then 3 pictures at any given time.

What I would really like are those (rather expensive) Digital LCD Picture Display. I remember SONY was selling them. You take a series of pictures with one of those SONY P&S digital camera equpped with memory stick. You plug this memory stick into this small 8x10 display screen that looks like a picture frame. And like a slide show it just playback all the pictures. Now I like that. But it is too expensive now to be practical...maybe one day the technology would more widespread and cheaper then maybe I would get a few of those and hang on my wall...and maybe poster size type. Now that would be a cool idea. A constant slide show of your pictures.

Heh.What I do with the best shots?I constantly rotate them as my monitor wallpaper.The rest I burn to disc and store.

just wondering if u guys have this feeling:

digital photos in CD ...is like a black hole....i will seldom dig them out to view....

whereas if printed photo album , friends or myself will tend to flip them on sofa....

i find that digital photos on my harddisk or CD are just there, accumulating and some of them i didn't even look at them for so long... neglected photos in harddisk huh!

but the tendency to look at printed photo album is higher....at leats for me...

I started with film point & shoot camera and didn't really dabble much into photography until digital camera become commonplace.

Most of photos never see the light of day but are stored in CDs for archival and store in a dark dark place. I only take them out to look at them for reminiscing sake when I am bored or when it is one of those nights you felt like remembering the old times.

I dun like to store photos on DVD as they do not last longer than CDs due to the densely packed data format.

I only print a few family photos but never print macros, nature, landscape shots as I felt I am the only one appreciating them and also these photos are never photos you would share with family members or friends unless you got relatives or friends dabbling in the same photographic interests as you.

crazypaladin said:
I started with film point & shoot camera and didn't really dabble much into photography until digital camera become commonplace.

Most of photos never see the light of day but are stored in CDs for archival and store in a dark dark place. I only take them out to look at them for reminiscing sake when I am bored or when it is one of those nights you felt like remembering the old times.

I dun like to store photos on DVD as they do not last longer than CDs due to the densely packed data format.

I only print a few family photos but never print macros, nature, landscape shots as I felt I am the only one appreciating them and also these photos are never photos you would share with family members or friends unless you got relatives or friends dabbling in the same photographic interests as you.

true to me too........those landscape, Motorshow photos, animal pic didn't developed for me too......hee hee.......

Paul_Yeo said:
just wondering if u guys have this feeling:

digital photos in CD ...is like a black hole....i will seldom dig them out to view....

whereas if printed photo album , friends or myself will tend to flip them on sofa....

i find that digital photos on my harddisk or CD are just there, accumulating and some of them i didn't even look at them for so long... neglected photos in harddisk huh!

but the tendency to look at printed photo album is higher....at leats for me...

Yeah.Happens all the time.Especially if you're having an interest in unconventional shots, which are not mainstream enough for family and non-hobbyist friends to view.You'll end up wondering, where are my photos..Oh here they are, in my CDs.Have really come such a long way from the photo album, where we keep all our shots and everyone can take a look whether your shots are bad or not.
:)

keep, print, delete

LazerLordz said:
Yeah.Happens all the time.Especially if you're having an interest in unconventional shots, which are not mainstream enough for family and non-hobbyist friends to view.You'll end up wondering, where are my photos..Oh here they are, in my CDs.Have really come such a long way from the photo album, where we keep all our shots and everyone can take a look whether your shots are bad or not.
:)

yeah, unconventional, not mainstream types, want to print some, but where to go without raising eyebrows and 'alarms'.

Haha, not that "unconventional or shocking" ..Only that not many would appreciate.

can be explicit?

Status
Not open for further replies.