For all photographers who have volunteered on 2 and 3 April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi again.

Thanks for volunteering your time and effort.

I'd appreciate if you've volunteered (and updated the database) and for some reasons you have to pull out, be it 2 or 3 April, please update the database again.

It'll really help us to work on the logistics and deployment, eg. how many teams of photographers we can send out, how often we can give breaks to the teams (it can be tiring job but meaningful) and such.

In addition, I also seek all volunteers' co-operation to focus on the task at hand once we're on the ground. We're there to encourage as many prospective donors to donate to help in the relief and rebuilding efforts as well as taking their photographs (with encouraging messages) and posting them in FB.

I understand as photographers, we tend to get distracted should we come across interesting subjects which we'll side-track and end up doing street-shooting and such.

I'm urging all prospective volunteers to focus on the task at hand as we really hate to come over and 'ask' you to concentrate on your job. However, should you find the task becoming uninteresting, just let us know. You just need to return the lanyard and carry on with what interests you with no hard feelings.

So far, it's been an enjoyable but tiring first weekend @ Far East and Pacific Plaza. We're looking forward to another one this weekend @ Orchard Central and I believe as long as we stay committed to the cause, play our part as professionally as possible, I'm sure it'll go down as one of the most memorable encounters which you'll ever have ...

Last edited:
To the teams which are reporting on both days, do note that:

1. Saturday (10am and 3.30pm for Sessions 1 and 2 respectively)
2. Sunday (10.30am and 2pm for Sessions 1 and 2 respectively)
3. Meet us @ Orchard Central (we're have banners and such; you can't miss us)
4. Volunteers will be given a $5 allowance for each session of work
5. Bear in mind the instructions given to you and adhere to them; we want to minimise variance so that we can send a common message out
6. Sign in and out upon arrival and departure (we need to keep track of the volunteers, ensure we get the photographs from you, know whom we have given the allowance and most importantly, to thank you for your time and effort.

Hi Adam,

I will be late this sunday (latest by 12pm) cos i got a morning event to cover. But I am free to help out till 3-4pm. So my timing will be a bit staggered between the two shifts, hope you dun mind. And one more thing about the allowance, ermm I dun really need it, but if you insist, i will request that it be donated to the fund. cheers! :D

Hi Adam,

So I'll just report at 10am Orchard Central on Sat ya?

Thanks. :)

See you this coming Sat.

I know all volunteers will give their 100% effort, seeing last saturday turn out n ops. But I m abit concern that some of us may get distracted by the starwars crew or cosplay (read about this in the threads). Pls remember the reason why we r there n focus on the subject. Abit of front or back focusing issue still ok lar.

I know all volunteers will give their 100% effort, seeing last saturday turn out n ops. But I m abit concern that some of us may get distracted by the starwars crew or cosplay (read about this in the threads). Pls remember the reason why we r there n focus on the subject. Abit of front or back focusing issue still ok lar.

or xmms:bsmilie:

reporting on sunday morning. see you guys

see u tml!!will be headin early tml

Status
Not open for further replies.