Foot Bath

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidsim

Jun 5, 2003
East
www.flickr.com
Took this when I visited Hokkaido last Dec...
The weather was very cold, and then i saw this foot bath hut.... at that moment, it looks so inviting... so wanted to capture this feeling..

Not sure whether the composition does it for you?

Took this when I visited Hokkaido last Dec...
The weather was very cold, and then i saw this foot bath hut.... at that moment, it looks so inviting... so wanted to capture this feeling..

Not sure whether the composition does it for you?
Hmm .... Is the patch on the ground unmelted snow or just some cement? IMO there is not much to go on to indicate to me that the weather is cold. Neither can I tell that that is a foot bath hut. (Never been to hokkaido, or Japan).

Perhaps if your intention is to capture the feeling of warmth in a very cold situation, snow and a steaming bathtub would be the best indication. (Though I wonder how you could do that in this particular situation). The photo looks pleasing though. Just a personal opinion.

seankyh

Nov 30, 2004
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Where's the feet? Where's the bath? I only see some japanese words and a large block of wood with a building in the background...

nysheng

Sep 11, 2006
u might have felt it there, but here in hot, humid singapore, haha.. dun quite feel it.

there are no visual clues to indicate the coldness or the warmth feeling from the bath.

it's a decent shot, but it doesn't convey ur intended purpose. :)

davidsim

Jun 5, 2003
East
www.flickr.com
thanks for all the comments..

Yes, the patch on the ground is ice..
there was some steam coming out of the concrete block containing water in the background, but unfortunately could not capture it, as it was masked by the white background...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom