Status
Not open for further replies.

Bee

Mar 22, 2004
Just wondering, how many vegetarians are there in this community

Why is there fish in vegetarian? :bigeyes:

Sion said:
Vegetarian = anything from underwater?

i always thought vegetarian = no meat and related?
only vege? some don't take garlic too.

Drudkh said:
i always thought vegetarian = no meat and related?
only vege? some don't take garlic too.
but some take egg

ha, fish for the protein...well, they are more like non fatty meat eating ppl. :wink:
for health reasons, thus turning to the greens. :)

Me, I'm the total opposite, a meatarian :D Anything that's green and leafy is out. i do eat lots of fruits though, to erm help the digestive processes; as well as crunch vitamins....

I am a strict vegetarian when i go to a pub. Wheat, malt, barley, hops all brewed together and served in a nice tall glass.
:D

Those vegetarians who avoid garlic, onions, spring onions, leeks, etc. are probably doing it for religious reasons as such items are said to encourage emotions like anger, turmoil, etc. Those vegetarians who avoid eggs & diary products are known as vegans, if I remember correctly.

I have met several "ang mohs" and some locals who are vegetarians. Later I discovered they are "seafood vegetarian", "fish vegetarians", etc. which are strictly not vegetarianism. It's just that they avoid meat, or sometimes, red meat (so they could eat chicken :dunno: ).

The most ridiculous case I have come across was an ex-colleague who proudly claims that she's a vegetarian, but she would share other ppl's food, e.g. pick on other's char kueh teow or laksa, as long as she doesn't eat the cockles, the sausages (the meat), so that she gets to eat and taste the same food as non-vegetarians. :rolleyes:

looks like there's so many categories of vegetarian. sounds weird to me. just weird.

for fruits n vegetables my approach is to just eat as much as possible.

for protein intake, fish, chicken, eggwhite, soya, beancurd, milk, powder

as for read meat, i ry to cut down as much as possible

the rest is carbo all the way: bread/rice/noodle/etc

snacks i cut down quite a bit but still prone to chocolates/biscuit/chips/fried stuff ..hehe

drinks: water, ribena, milo+ensure+quaker oats, hundred plus, fruitjuice, vitagen. no alcohol

supplements: redoxon vitamin C (will make me feel recharged after long swims), glucosamine, garlic extract pills, and whatever my family members buy i just pop in one or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.