Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperD

aac.jpg

Taken with Canon 10D w. EF20mm f2.8
ISO 400 w. indoor WB

Comments are greatly appreciated ;p

Originally posted by SniperD
overexposed? Hmm... maybe my moniter cal's off liao....

taken from overhead so maybe looks flat :devil:

Flat in the sense, it doesn't have the 3D look, not enough play with light & shadow,. Overexposed because all the detail in the top left half of the plate is gone, you can't see the rim that can be seen on the right top quarter.

You wanted comments, you got it:devil:

What the heck is that anyway (apart from the broccoli)?:dunno:

I've seen food shots where the food is being held at an angle to show the thickness, and sliced open to show the insides. I think this gives the viewer a better idea of what the food is really like. Hot pipping steam would be an appetizer as well.

I feel that what's good about this shot is that it highlights the gravy well with the reflected light.

Originally posted by cyrilng
Flat in the sense, it doesn't have the 3D look, not enough play with light & shadow,. Overexposed because all the detail in the top left half of the plate is gone, you can't see the rim that can be seen on the right top quarter.

You wanted comments, you got it:devil:

What the heck is that anyway (apart from the broccoli)?:dunno:

Hmm.. it's on purpose on the loss of details of the plate coz the main thing is the colour of the food I'm trying to bring across..

it's fried seafood tofu with brocolli (Summer Pavillion, Ritz Carlton) ;p

Originally posted by ChinShiong
I've seen food shots where the food is being held at an angle to show the thickness, and sliced open to show the insides. I think this gives the viewer a better idea of what the food is really like. Hot pipping steam would be an appetizer as well.

I feel that what's good about this shot is that it highlights the gravy well with the reflected light.

hmm.. that's the conventional form of food photography right? like the close up of a chicken breast been sliced open and stream and juicy goodness comes streaming out ... heehee... anyway, thanks for your kind comments ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.