Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

Status
Not open for further replies.

jssales

Oct 14, 2006
www.pbase.com
2954085466_3c2bde6ef4_b.jpg

The Workshop

Let photographer Mark Floro guide you step-by-step through the photography and lighting techniques used to make food and products photographs stand out from the rest.

This intense and hands-on two-day workshop is for photographers who want to specialize in food and product photography.

The following topics will be covered:

• Equipment needed
• Lighting for food & product photography
• Omnibus lighting for food
• Sculptured lighting
• Different styles of photographing food & products
• Bringing out color and texture
• Lighting for drinks
• Finding a good food stylist
• Tricks to making food look appetizing
• Problems and treatments in photographing food
• The business side of food & product photography

Mark’s experience shooting in film yields a disciplined approach to photography. Despite the availability of digital tools, his method relies on proper technique and execution during the shoot and requires less image manipulation during post production.

Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Date: Saturday to Sunday, 08 & 09 November 2008
Venue: Royal Plaza on Scotts
Workshop Fee: $450 inclusive of mid-morning & afternoon snack, free flow of coffee and tea, and international gourmet buffet lunch

For reservations & information, send e-mail to jssales.sg@mac.com

upz for good workshop organizer...this is a good learning experience for anyone interested. Do sign up. :thumbsup:

Could I ask a quick question ... what is the maximum number of participants allowed for this workshop and will Mark be sharing any personal time with each participant, or only strictly in groups?

Thanks!

hi, i am very much interested as i am starting to do photography as a hobby and i am into food business. however, could i know more about Mark Floro like projects he did, other worksops, etc...

Could I ask a quick question ... what is the maximum number of participants allowed for this workshop and will Mark be sharing any personal time with each participant, or only strictly in groups?

Thanks!

Hi Dream Merchant,

We're working out the maximum number of participants as this depends on the final venue. The hands-on portion of the workshop will be conducted in very small groups but the image you capture will be yours.

Mark will be conducting an on-going critique of the participants' work throughout the 2-day session. There is no structured personal sharing time but I'm sure Mark will be willing to discuss with you as appropriate.

Cheers,

- j -

Hello, I'm quite interested in the workshop, though it is extremely close to my examinations period. Do you think Mr Fluoro'll be coming to do another session in the near future?

Hello, I'm quite interested in the workshop, though it is extremely close to my examinations period. Do you think Mr Fluoro'll be coming to do another session in the near future?

As long as there is a demand for the workshop, we can always bring Mark back. He is quite excited and looking forward to upcoming session.

Do send me your e-mail address so I can include you in our mailing list.

Cheers,

- j -

About Mark Floro

Mark Floro is one of the most established food photographers in the Philippines. With a photography career spanning 25 years, he has a client list that includes the biggest names in the food industry such as McDonald's, Pizza Hut, San Miguel Corporation, Nestle, Magnolia Corporation, Knorr, Selecta Ice Cream, Ajinomoto, Kraft, Manila Peninsula Hotel, Del Monte & Kenny Rogers Roasters. His signature work has been used as advertising material, cookbooks, product packaging and specialty publications.

He is past president of the Advertising Photographers of the Philippines and former director of the Advertising Suppliers Association of the Philippines. Mark also has a BA degree in commercial advertising form the Arts Center, College of Design in Pasadena, California. He is a certified instructor in the Philippine Center for Creative Imaging (PCCI) and his Food Photography workshop is in very high demand.

Although known for his work in food photography, Mark also specializes in product, interior and architecture photography. Mark’s portfolio can be found on markfloro.com and markflorophotography.com.

About Mark Floro

Mark Floro is one of the most established food photographers in the Philippines. With a photography career spanning 25 years, he has a client list that includes the biggest names in the food industry such as McDonald's, Pizza Hut, San Miguel Corporation, Nestle, Magnolia Corporation, Knorr, Selecta Ice Cream, Ajinomoto, Kraft, Manila Peninsula Hotel, Del Monte & Kenny Rogers Roasters. His signature work has been used as advertising material, cookbooks, product packaging and specialty publications.

He is past president of the Advertising Photographers of the Philippines and former director of the Advertising Suppliers Association of the Philippines. Mark also has a BA degree in commercial advertising form the Arts Center, College of Design in Pasadena, California. He is a certified instructor in the Philippine Center for Creative Imaging (PCCI) and his Food Photography workshop is in very high demand.

Although known for his work in food photography, Mark also specializes in product, interior and architecture photography. Mark’s portfolio can be found on markfloro.com and markflorophotography.com.

Everytime i look at his port i feel my mouth water...that's a testament to how good he is that he can really make food look that appetizing:thumbsup:!

I came across a blog post where the writer received comments and suggestions from Mark Floro on his attempt at food photography.

The link is here.

ups for good workshop organizer and learning experience! :thumbsup:

erm 1 question is this workshop understandable for a fully newbie in dslr camera's? because i wana join but im a total newbie any ideas if its suitable?

erm 1 question is this workshop understandable for a fully newbie in dslr camera's? because i wana join but im a total newbie any ideas if its suitable?

Ideally, you should have basic photography knowledge and fairly familiar with your camera.

Should you have further questions, drop me an e-mail at jssales.sg@mac.com.

A quick update to those who have signed-up for the Food & Product Photography Workshop with Mark Floro:

We will begin at 8:30 AM instead of 9:00 AM. This will ensure that we have ample time on both days to cover all topics and activities. The agenda will be sent out later today via e-mail to registered participants.

Thanks,

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.