Food poisoning

lotus80

Apr 9, 2012
Pasir Ris
Me and wife are having stomach ache after eating dosai at Komalas@whitesands.

Can I complain somewhere ?

See doctor and get mc as proof. Get receipts too.

Lodge a formal complaint to Nea and cc a copy to the minister and the SPH news editors.

Don't get personal. Be factual.

JasonB said:
See doctor and get mc as proof. Get receipts too.

Lodge a formal complaint to Nea and cc a copy to the minister and the SPH news editors.

Don't get personal. Be factual.

Thanks, but there isn't any receipt :-(

Thanks, but there isn't any receipt :-(

Then also complaint to IRAS against them for failure to issue receipts. It is an offence.

NEA
AVA
HSA
MOH
:bsmilie:

Or the restaurant itself.

ok, next time I go hawker centers eat anything, I will ask the stall owner to pose for a photo with me.

if I suai suai lao sai, I got proof where I eat.

I don't mind the stall owners show the photos at their stalls.
who knows, maybe after everybody see my photos everywhere, I will be famous too, become "catchlights can eat" something like that.

ok, next time I go hawker centers eat anything, I will ask the stall owner to pose for a photo with me.

if I suai suai lao sai, I got proof where I eat.

I don't mind the stall owners show the photos at their stalls.
who knows, maybe after everybody see my photos everywhere, I will be famous too, become "catchlights can eat" something like that.

Uncle Catchlights... Komala's is well-known Indian-Vegetarian restaurant :bsmilie:

i think that's the reason Lotus80 is asking this question.

Uncle Catchlights... Komala's is well-known Indian-Vegetarian restaurant :bsmilie:

i think that's the reason Lotus80 is asking this question.
I'm referring no receipt issue. ;)

anyway, my guess is the food is incompatible with their stomach. :)

catchlights said:
I'm referring no receipt issue. ;)

anyway, my guess is the food is incompatible with their stomach. :)

We eat a lot of Indian food, so all compatible.

My doubt on the cleanliness of people and food in Komalas :)

kei1309 said:
bro... you know you're stirring up the hornet's nest with that remark right...

Those are my opinion. And everybody has it.

We eat a lot of Indian food, so all compatible.

My doubt on the cleanliness of people and food in Komalas :)

Sounds like a normal statement to me, he ate in Komalas do it's normal to suspect Komalas. TS is a victim, it's normal for him to feel like that. Pls show him some empathy.

JasonB said:
Sounds like a normal statement to me, he ate in Komalas do it's normal to suspect Komalas. TS is a victim, it's normal for him to feel like that. Pls show him some empathy.

You should see the other statements below

Food poisoning is no laughing matter. Most of us have suffered food poisoning at some time in our lives.
When you are very ill, vomiting and purging, you wonder if you will die.
For those who have recovered, the memory of the painful experience may fade with time.

In the Geylang Serai Indian Rojak case, people have died.

Normally we do not follow up to get the authorities to go after the food stall or restaurant.
It is difficult to prove especially if we are the only one or a few who fell sick.
The food stall would have got rid of much evidence by the time we recover from the sickness.

It is normally self-evident in cases of mass poisoning, as in the Geylang Serai Indian Rojak case. Then the authorities have to take action.

Food poisoning is especially dangerous if you are travelling in a foreign land, alone. You can die.
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/...anadian-sisters-die-thailand-resort-poisoning
Because the family member/friends' help and medical care support system that you know of at home are absent.

Last edited:
Food poisoning is no laughing matter. Most of us have suffered food poisoning at some time in our lives.
When you are very ill, vomiting and purging, you wonder if you will die.
For those who have recovered, the memory of the painful experience may fade with time.

In the Geylang Serai Indian Rojak case, people have died.

Normally we do not follow up to get the authorities to go after the food stall or restaurant.
It is difficult to prove especially if we are the only one or a few who fell sick.
The food stall would have got rid of much evidence by the time we recover from the sickness.

It is normally self-evident in cases of mass poisoning, as in the Geylang Serai Indian Rojak case. Then the authorities have to take action.

Food poisoning is especially dangerous if you are travelling in a foreign land, alone. You can die.
2 Canadian sisters die in Thailand resort from poisoning | GlobalPost
Because the family member/friends' help and medical care support system that you know of at home are absent.

My friend ganna poisoning in Manila, nearly died in hospital. Alone in a business trip. It is no laughing matter when you are half conscious, delirious and weak.

IMHO, I think you should report even if not much proof.

The authorities might not be able to proceed with this complaint due to lack of evidence but they may red flag that shop due to such a report and conduct a surprise check a few weeks later. All will results in them improving their hygiene and taking things more serious. Your report could save many other people's health.

Last edited:
hope you feel better soon , lotus.

drink lots of isotonic drinks, else a tea spoon of salt and a tea spoon of sugar added to 1.5 liters of water can help

Shizuma said:
hope you feel better soon , lotus.

drink lots of isotonic drinks, else a tea spoon of salt and a tea spoon of sugar added to 1.5 liters of water can help

:) thanks mate, we are better now.

.... And developed wierd habit of keeping food receipts until next day :-D