Food from Hell


Status
Not open for further replies.

MashiMaro

New Member
Aug 5, 2002
641
0
0
Visit site
#1
Have you guys ever found a hair in your meal?

I have, countless time, in my meal or my morning butter and kaya bread.
The worse thing happened last year at a food court in one mall in Singapore. I ordered a meal and a drink; I got the meal, I got a can of soft-drink and I got a disposable cup full of ice and at least half a dozen of dead small cockroaches. I even have the macro shots of them.
Another day at another food court I saw this guy using a bowl to dig the rice right after he dropped it on the floor. That was not in a mall with clean and shiny floor, it was in a market.

That’s nothing compare to what I’ve been through or seen during my trip or expeditions overseas. But here in Singapore, what can we do, if – say – we find hair in our meal, cockroach eggs in our food, cockroach odors on our plate, or even a rat tail in our burger?
Free meal is good, but some ‘little extra’ from what you’ve paid for?

Whatcha gonna do?
 

Stefen

New Member
Apr 26, 2003
446
0
0
38
Beijing
www.stefenchow.com
#2
i find hair pretty much in my hawker food, and restaurant food sometimes..

I guess its about how much fuss you want to kick around. if the auntie looks so busy and will snap at you for complaining about their hygiene, i guess i will just keep quiet. no point spoiling both parties' day...

but finding cockcroaches is a definitely unacceptable....
 

DennisLee

New Member
Jan 6, 2004
72
0
0
Sinagpore
#3
Stefen said:
i find hair pretty much in my hawker food, and restaurant food sometimes..

I guess its about how much fuss you want to kick around. if the auntie looks so busy and will snap at you for complaining about their hygiene, i guess i will just keep quiet. no point spoiling both parties' day...

but finding cockcroaches is a definitely unacceptable....
I also found metal in my food, my mum found a pin...
 

Larry

Senior Member
Apr 25, 2002
5,499
0
0
45
singapore
www.larryloh.com
#7
if you find someone really revolting like dead cockroaches, etc etc in your food, pls do everyone a favour and report to ENV. if left unchecked, these places can lead to mass food poisoning (and i'm not talking about dirty hawker centers, i mean hotels and restaurants too).
 

FujiS2

Deregistered
Sep 21, 2003
478
0
0
43
www.sgbug.org
#8
got one time i found a cockcroaches in my food at causeway point food court, complaint to the stall but they denied & remove the cockcroaches immediately & don't want to refund, luckly I had took the marco shoot, then I complaint to MOE, they said action taken after a few day but when I revisit the places. The stall still there & the BIG "A" still there.

A for "A Sai" !!

Some one joke about the rating system before:
A = A Sai (acceptable)
B = Bui Pai (not bad)
C = Cin Cai (take it easy)
 

Drudkh

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2004
6,129
0
0
lulu island
#9
Wow, sound kinda scary. Should have sent the photos to those gossip newspaper like "Wan Bao" or "Shin Ming" to publish. Anyway, I seldom find "extra" ingredients in my food. Maybe there were and I didn't notice?
 

#10
i found finger nail in my egg mayo sandwich from delifrance (west mall).
They have a A rating too, but on closer look, actually expired already.

The cutlery are also dirty. Too bad didn't think of taking macro shot. didn't complain since no proof. But i already ate half of the sandwich before i see the nail. Urgh!!!

:eek:
 

jimtong

Senior Member
May 8, 2002
1,528
0
36
Singapore
jimmyto.ng
#11
FujiS2 said:
got one time i found a cockcroaches in my food at causeway point food court, complaint to the stall but they denied & remove the cockcroaches immediately & don't want to refund, luckly I had took the marco shoot, then I complaint to MOE, they said action taken after a few day but when I revisit the places. The stall still there & the BIG "A" still there.

A for "A Sai" !!

Some one joke about the rating system before:
A = A Sai (acceptable)
B = Bui Pai (not bad)
C = Cin Cai (take it easy)

you should complain to ENV.... MOE is education lah :D
 

laugh

New Member
Jun 2, 2003
285
0
0
Visit site
#12
Pro Image said:
Ruth, did you find any curly hair on your prata.......? :bsmilie:
I found curly wiry hair on my prata once....
never been back to that place..
 

MashiMaro

New Member
Aug 5, 2002
641
0
0
Visit site
#13
Larry said:
if you find someone really revolting like dead cockroaches, etc etc in your food, pls do everyone a favour and report to ENV. if left unchecked, these places can lead to mass food poisoning (and i'm not talking about dirty hawker centers, i mean hotels and restaurants too).
Thanks Larry. Now I know who to call, and I did.

I also found this from ENV website..

..snip..
Unhealthy preparation of food, using dirty utensils or having cockroaches or other insects in the premises will earn demerit points. A stallholder who accumulates 12 points within a 12-month period will have his license suspended for two or four weeks – or even revoked depending on past records.
..end snip..

I will call ENV next time for those at hawker centres.
For big restaurant, I am not sure I should call ENV first or lawyer first. :think: Who knows, I might walk home with a new DSLR or even 200-400mm VR lens.
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,938
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
#18
MashiMaro said:
..snip..
Unhealthy preparation of food, using dirty utensils or having cockroaches or other insects in the premises will earn demerit points. A stallholder who accumulates 12 points within a 12-month period will have his license suspended for two or four weeks – or even revoked depending on past records.
..end snip..
they didn't mention cooked cockroaches though ;p
 

zombiez

New Member
Dec 12, 2002
131
0
0
42
Visit site
#20
Gardenia Bread. The Banana flavoured one. Found plastic inside the bread 3 times. Never buy again.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom