Follow the stairs.. and see where it'll take you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

cityofangels

Jul 28, 2006
East-side
www.flickr.com
This is my first post in CS. :)

I took this picture a while back and would appreciate some comments. No processing has been done to the picture, other than cropping and adding a border. :D

IMG_3552_cropped_with_border.jpg

the picture have potential of further processing...adding abit of vignetting would be nice. Abit overblown to my taste on the sides :)

Nice picture!!
Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions.. still a noob so wanna learn more..:)

What were the settings used for the shot?
What metering mode did you use?
Where did point the camera to meter for exposure?

Cheers,
Andrew

overexposure (deliberate?) makes the whole picture look washed out an old painting taken from a collection - awesome :cool:

Wow, never expected to find so many comments!

FND: Thanks! Sure looks like it, huh? ;)

iboey: I appreciate your comments. I'm still a newbie to both photography and PS. Hope to pick up some tips from you guys here. :)

chewraisins: Hi Andrew! I'm a newbie too. :) I'll post the specs once I'm home.

huoyun: Yup, the overexposure was definitely deliberate. I actually thought the white box at the top left-hand corner would be a distraction. Think I'll learn to PS it away soon. Thanks for your comments! :D

hASHbrown_kopitiam: I actually took 2-3 shots of the stairs, in various exposures but I liked this one the best. :) Thanks for your comments!

i like the way the stairs and lines lead you on.
the light source is interesting.
alot of room for interpretation :)
did you use flash by the way? wondering how it's so overexposed!
i like the way it looks washed out and 'raw'.
and how you can only start making out the 'rectangular' passageway only part of the way into the staircase.. :)
very interesting :)
cheers!

chewraisins: As requested, here are the specs. :)

Exposure time: 1/20 s
F-number: f/2
Shutter speed value: 1/20 s
Aperture value: f/2
Metering mode: Center weighted average
Exposure mode: Manual exposure
White balance: Auto white balance

jonkk: Nope.. No flash was used. I thank you for your comments. Really encouraging for my first post! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.