Focusing Well for Sharp Images Below f/2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

btym3011

Sep 15, 2008
i'm having a problem with focusing at apertures wide open. i usually use the centre autofocus point, with the "focus and recompose" technique. with low DOF, the part where i want the focus to be on seems to go OOF after i recompose.

does anyone experience the same problem and are there any ways around it?

Yup i face the same problem while focusing my 50mm halfway and pointing it at another object but the focus will change to the other object. Perhaps should do a focus lock???

i'm having a problem with focusing at apertures wide open. i usually use the centre autofocus point, with the "focus and recompose" technique. with low DOF, the part where i want the focus to be on seems to go OOF after i recompose.

does anyone experience the same problem and are there any ways around it?

is ur AF set to continuous focusing?

Yup i face the same problem while focusing my 50mm halfway and pointing it at another object but the focus will change to the other object. Perhaps should do a focus lock???

hmm.. ur problem seems to be a little different frm mine..

is ur AF set to continuous focusing?

AF is set to "one shot"

Depending if the lens if corrected for field curvature, the focus and recompose technique can throw the focus slightly off on your subject. It only becomes obvious when you have very thin DOF. Try using a focusing point close to where you want your subject to be, so you can minimise the "recompose" step.

Depending if the lens if corrected for field curvature, the focus and recompose technique can throw the focus slightly off on your subject. It only becomes obvious when you have very thin DOF. Try using a focusing point close to where you want your subject to be, so you can minimise the "recompose" step.

Focus and recompose doesn't work with shallow dof.

http://visual-vacations.com/Photography/focus-recompose_sucks.htm

The way around it is to compose your image, and use the focus point that is now on your subject.

hmm.. thanks guys for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.