focusing screens

allenleonhart

Sep 17, 2008
hey guys. asking if anyone knows anyshops that sells focusing screens for 450d? not too sure what type is better. been googling all day, cant seem to find anything abt it. katzeye and haoda fu makes them. but not sure sg got ppl sell and attach for u or not.

anyone got lobang? i think i wanna find the microprism kind

hey guys. asking if anyone knows anyshops that sells focusing screens for 450d? not too sure what type is better. been googling all day, cant seem to find anything abt it. katzeye and haoda fu makes them. but not sure sg got ppl sell and attach for u or not.

anyone got lobang? i think i wanna find the microprism kind
AFAIK, Orient Photos selling focusing screens, I believe is the China Made type.

I bought a microprism screen (Ec-A) from focusingscreen.com. Works well but not cheap at all.

k i emailed them. i'm scared of simlim shops. seems like aways out to chop ppl one:bsmilie:

We recommend OP exactly because they are NOT like all those shops.

orient photo is a good shop.

that said, always do your homework first.

orient photo is a good shop.

that said, always do your homework first.

yep. am doing now. tried to do a quick search on op's focusing screens and asking help here. op has a weird website tahts for sure. got probs with FF:bigeyes:

good shop bad shop..u don't do yr home work..u walk in with yr neck extended to them..

they most likely will chop.

good shop bad shop..u don't do yr home work..u walk in with yr neck extended to them..

they most likely will chop.

lax. i always do my homework. my camera current set is get through dad's friend who is friend of ms color boss. absorbed the 7% gst too ;D

not sure if ms color has focusing screens:think: perhaps i drop message to florence. seems like price ranges from 27 bucks to over 200 bucks on ebay

yep. am doing now. tried to do a quick search on op's focusing screens and asking help here. op has a weird website tahts for sure. got probs with FF:bigeyes:

would be better to call them, or drop by to see.

china brand stuff usually better to see first, you can't really gauge quality/worth through the phone.

their website ok mar, just that it doesn't ahve much information about anything at all.

would be better to call them, or drop by to see.

china brand stuff usually better to see first, you can't really gauge quality/worth through the phone.

their website ok mar, just that it doesn't ahve much information about anything at all.

yep. but their panaroma thingy screws up on my FF. not that it worked in the IE either:bsmilie:

I bought a microprism screen (Ec-A) from focusingscreen.com. Works well but not cheap at all.

Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup: At least they have something for my old cam :)

I believe focusingscreen.com (a taiwan company I think) makes their screens from real branded screens like Nikon or Canon. They take the screens (meant for older film cameras) and cut them to fit current day DSLRs. As such, quality of their products are actually quite good. Their pricing is not considered high if you compare them to the other good brand called Katzeye.

The screens from OP are china made ones. I bought one for my D40x a while back. Not bad, just a little darker than from the better quality ones. Cost me around $60 installed. The thing is, the focusing point is not 100% spot on. Just very slightly off. I had to add a shim myself later to get it right.

around 60? hmm... noted. op and ms colors have kindly not yet responded to my email enquiries hmm.

Why don't you just buy original ones? Not that expensive and definately fits.