focusing screens

allenleonhart

Deregistered
Sep 17, 2008
hey guys. asking if anyone knows anyshops that sells focusing screens for 450d? not too sure what type is better. been googling all day, cant seem to find anything abt it. katzeye and haoda fu makes them. but not sure sg got ppl sell and attach for u or not.

anyone got lobang? i think i wanna find the microprism kind

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
hey guys. asking if anyone knows anyshops that sells focusing screens for 450d? not too sure what type is better. been googling all day, cant seem to find anything abt it. katzeye and haoda fu makes them. but not sure sg got ppl sell and attach for u or not.

anyone got lobang? i think i wanna find the microprism kind
AFAIK, Orient Photos selling focusing screens, I believe is the China Made type.

grantyale

Oct 4, 2004
Bedok
I bought a microprism screen (Ec-A) from focusingscreen.com. Works well but not cheap at all.

allenleonhart

Deregistered
Sep 17, 2008
orient photo is a good shop.

that said, always do your homework first.
yep. am doing now. tried to do a quick search on op's focusing screens and asking help here. op has a weird website tahts for sure. got probs with FF:bigeyes:

clioboy

May 25, 2008
good shop bad shop..u don't do yr home work..u walk in with yr neck extended to them..

they most likely will chop.

allenleonhart

Deregistered
Sep 17, 2008
good shop bad shop..u don't do yr home work..u walk in with yr neck extended to them..

they most likely will chop.
lax. i always do my homework. my camera current set is get through dad's friend who is friend of ms color boss. absorbed the 7% gst too ;D

not sure if ms color has focusing screens:think: perhaps i drop message to florence. seems like price ranges from 27 bucks to over 200 bucks on ebay

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
yep. am doing now. tried to do a quick search on op's focusing screens and asking help here. op has a weird website tahts for sure. got probs with FF:bigeyes:
would be better to call them, or drop by to see.

china brand stuff usually better to see first, you can't really gauge quality/worth through the phone.

their website ok mar, just that it doesn't ahve much information about anything at all.

allenleonhart

Deregistered
Sep 17, 2008
would be better to call them, or drop by to see.

china brand stuff usually better to see first, you can't really gauge quality/worth through the phone.

their website ok mar, just that it doesn't ahve much information about anything at all.
yep. but their panaroma thingy screws up on my FF. not that it worked in the IE either:bsmilie:

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
I bought a microprism screen (Ec-A) from focusingscreen.com. Works well but not cheap at all.
I believe focusingscreen.com (a taiwan company I think) makes their screens from real branded screens like Nikon or Canon. They take the screens (meant for older film cameras) and cut them to fit current day DSLRs. As such, quality of their products are actually quite good. Their pricing is not considered high if you compare them to the other good brand called Katzeye.

The screens from OP are china made ones. I bought one for my D40x a while back. Not bad, just a little darker than from the better quality ones. Cost me around $60 installed. The thing is, the focusing point is not 100% spot on. Just very slightly off. I had to add a shim myself later to get it right.

Sep 17, 2008
around 60? hmm... noted. op and ms colors have kindly not yet responded to my email enquiries hmm.

Radiant

Oct 19, 2009
Singapore
Why don't you just buy original ones? Not that expensive and definately fits.

Top Bottom