Focusing In Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgsschess

May 24, 2006
Singapore
Hey everybody. i need advice on focusing in studio. i shoot at around f/13 in studio and manual focus on the eyes to get it sharp. however i'm confounded by how to keep the focus on the eyes if the subject was asked to move (ex: dance?).

any advice on how to keep the focus on the eyes if the subject is moving? :)

ty.

I use spot autofocus on the eyes.

However, at f/13, your DOF should be so deep that the whole subject + studio would be sharp anyway.

Movement would not really matter at such a small aperture unless the subject moves backward or forward alot(Especially with longer lenses with less depth of field).The easiest way to fix this problem is to still shoot at f/13 but with a wider lens ie.28/35mm

thanks for ur feedback. i just read bout hyperfocal distance thingy. could this be a solution?

Hey everybody. i need advice on focusing in studio. i shoot at around f/13 in studio and manual focus on the eyes to get it sharp. however i'm confounded by how to keep the focus on the eyes if the subject was asked to move (ex: dance?).

any advice on how to keep the focus on the eyes if the subject is moving? :)

ty.

Continous AF... just aim for the head and everything will still be sharp.

thanks for ur feedback. i just read bout hyperfocal distance thingy. could this be a solution?

Not really. That's more for landscapes, and thus the start of the hyperfocal DOF may be too far for practical studio use.

Don't make your life complicated, just use the advice already given on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.