Focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjflo23

Jul 27, 2006
rjflo23.multiply.com
Hi.. i seems got a problem with my cam focus.... i set my focus to center(single area),but after shooting i notice the area tat was focusing seems not sharp enough. Instead other object more to the bottom left is sharp. Why is tat so, can any bro explain

Hi.. i seems got a problem with my cam focus.... i set my focus to center(single area),but after shooting i notice the area tat was focusing seems not sharp enough. Instead other object more to the bottom left is sharp. Why is tat so, can any bro explain

Could be a back-focusing issue.

Try it on a printed piece of paper, aim for the centre using a maximum aperture you can set to, the bigger the better (i.e. f2.8)

Then shoot a image (use a tripod to minimise hand movement) If your image shows that the portion rear to where you focused at is sharp, then it's back-focusing. If it shows the portion in front is sharp, then it's front-focusing. You may then have to bring it back to the service centre for more checks.

Could be a back-focusing issue.

Try it on a printed piece of paper, aim for the centre using a maximum aperture you can set to, the bigger the better (i.e. f2.8)

Then shoot a image (use a tripod to minimise hand movement) If your image shows that the portion rear to where you focused at is sharp, then it's back-focusing. If it shows the portion in front is sharp, then it's front-focusing. You may then have to bring it back to the service centre for more checks.

Printed piece of paper meaning blank white ? or somthing tat has image on it

Printed piece of paper meaning blank white ? or somthing tat has image on it

With printing....

or else use a ruler....

Status
Not open for further replies.