Focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjflo23

Jul 27, 2006
rjflo23.multiply.com
Hi.. i seems got a problem with my cam focus.... i set my focus to center(single area),but after shooting i notice the area tat was focusing seems not sharp enough. Instead other object more to the bottom left is sharp. Why is tat so, can any bro explain

zac08

Feb 21, 2005
East
Hi.. i seems got a problem with my cam focus.... i set my focus to center(single area),but after shooting i notice the area tat was focusing seems not sharp enough. Instead other object more to the bottom left is sharp. Why is tat so, can any bro explain
Could be a back-focusing issue.

Try it on a printed piece of paper, aim for the centre using a maximum aperture you can set to, the bigger the better (i.e. f2.8)

Then shoot a image (use a tripod to minimise hand movement) If your image shows that the portion rear to where you focused at is sharp, then it's back-focusing. If it shows the portion in front is sharp, then it's front-focusing. You may then have to bring it back to the service centre for more checks.

rjflo23

Jul 27, 2006
rjflo23.multiply.com
Could be a back-focusing issue.

Try it on a printed piece of paper, aim for the centre using a maximum aperture you can set to, the bigger the better (i.e. f2.8)

Then shoot a image (use a tripod to minimise hand movement) If your image shows that the portion rear to where you focused at is sharp, then it's back-focusing. If it shows the portion in front is sharp, then it's front-focusing. You may then have to bring it back to the service centre for more checks.
Printed piece of paper meaning blank white ? or somthing tat has image on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom