Focus or shaky hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolldrum

Nov 29, 2006
JB
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how come the picture below is out of focus?

A) i think this is because of shaky hands? is it? i've got SSS on but the result is the same.

B) i was testing out slow shutter speed. somehow i think that there is focusing problems. how to improve on this?

broccoli

Sep 21, 2006
1st picture most probably is due to shutter speed too slow beyond your camera to be handheld...have checked the photo data and found it to be 1/8sec...

correct me if i am wrong...

raptor84

Dec 6, 2005
Singapore
www.furry-photos.com
Both shots were problably caused by handshake blur. This is obvious in the first pic as 1/8 of a second is not enough to freeze the action. It looks underexposed as well.

The second pic I assume was shot on a tripod? Maybe the rish of air form the passing vehicles caused some vibrations on the camera? Did you shoot with a mirror-lockup to prevernt the mirror slap vibrations? Perhaps its the 'bloom' of the overexposed lights that makes it look OOF..

zac08

Feb 21, 2005
East
1st picture most probably is due to shutter speed too slow beyond your camera to be handheld...have checked the photo data and found it to be 1/8sec...

correct me if i am wrong...
I agree

1/8 secs at 70mm focal length is just pushing it... I wouldn't go below 1/60 for such shots...

As for the second, the aperture is only f5.6. This may be the reason why there is a thin DOF, and frankly I don't know which spot you could focus at and still get the picture sharp enough. Try a smaller aperture of say f11 - f16...

erictan8888

Nov 9, 2004
Singapore
shaky hands is the reason....

get a tripod and your problem solved liao...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom