Status
Not open for further replies.

richliow

Jul 9, 2005
Water_bladder.jpg

hmm, regarding the above picture by Mr Wee,
how does one set his camera to have focus on the top left? :bigeyes:

or did the Mr Wee crop his picture? :think:

i reckon you can always focus on the subject when it's in the middle by half pressing then recomposing the image. that's if your camera doesnt allow you to adjust the focus point.

hmm focus on the tap, lock the focus, then readjust composition.

Or in simpler english:

1. Half press shutter
2. hear beep for autofocus lock
3. while holding the shutter, readjust the your composition.

richliow said:
how does one set his camera to have focus on the top left?

You set the lens' focusing distance to the distance of the object in the top left corner.

AntiFruits said:
i reckon you can always focus on the subject when it's in the middle by half pressing then recomposing the image. that's if your camera doesnt allow you to adjust the focus point.

must i set my camera to dynamic focus?

okay, will go try it soon...thanks folks... you guys are a helpful bunch

okay, will go try it soon...thanks folks... you guys are a helpful bunch

some cameras allow u to choose the AF points or area and u could select most suitable one.

Manual focus, you can focus on any point in the frame without having to recompose your shot.

In certain cases of shallow depth of field and relatively close focusing distances, the simple act of focus and recompose may cause your subject to be slightly out of focus due to the subtle change in focusing distance.

yeah. manual focus is good for such. Otherwise, focus lock may be useful as well but do not move ur distance away from subject when u pan sideways to compose ur picture.

=)
tltan

Status
Not open for further replies.