Focus Lock Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

shark

Sep 25, 2003
West
Visit site
Hi Guys,

What is the between pressing the shuttle-release button halfway and recompose from pressing the shuttle-release button halfway and press AF-L and recompose? And how about camera with AF area mode? I can also choose Single-area and select the focus area accordingly. Confuse.

shark said:
Hi Guys,

What is the between pressing the shuttle-release button halfway and recompose from pressing the shuttle-release button halfway and press AF-L and recompose?
no difference if you are using AF-Single... but if you are using continuous or automatic the first method might make the camera refocus again.

ExplorerZ said:
no difference if you are using AF-Single... but if you are using continuous or automatic the first method might make the camera refocus again.

Thanks Bro.

AF-L/AE-L button may need some customisation from you. I may lock both Exposure and Focus.....if it is your intention.:)

lastboltnut said:
AF-L/AE-L button may need some customisation from you. I may lock both Exposure and Focus.....if it is your intention.:)

Sorry. Don't quite understand your Statement.

shark said:
Sorry. Don't quite understand your question.
some dSLR have a single button to lock both exposure and focus... so what he meant is that you might have to set it so that it only lock focus but not exposure...
but some camera have seperate buttons

ExplorerZ said:
some dSLR have a single button to lock both exposure and focus... so what he meant is that you might have to set it so that it only lock focus but not exposure...
but some camera have seperate buttons

Understood.....thanks mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.