Focus by wire means when you rotate the focus ring,

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
some electrical signals detect the rotation and move the lens units, am I right?

As a result, some latency is expected comparing to DSLR lens.

:confused:

some electrical signals detect the rotation and move the lens units, am I right?

As a result, some latency is expected comparing to DSLR lens.

:confused:
The manufacturer replace focusing ring into something like switch (or variable resistor) to detect turn left or right (and also how much you turn it, for slow focusing or fast focusing). Then the signal will go to the auto-focus motor to set the lens focus distance.

Some may feel "loose the touch" when using focus by wire.

Regards,
Arto.

The manufacturer replace focusing ring into something like switch (or variable resistor) to detect turn left or right (and also how much you turn it, for slow focusing or fast focusing). Then the signal will go to the auto-focus motor to set the lens focus distance.

Some may feel "loose the touch" when using focus by wire.

Regards,
Arto.
usually it's done neither by switch nor variable sensor. Optical systems are preferred.

usually it's done neither by switch nor variable sensor. Optical systems are preferred.

paiseh, althou i use Oly E sys, i still dun know how this focus by wire works. :embrass:

my impression is its working principle is something like that of power steering in cars. kind of using electro magnetic sensing. :sweat:

if i'm not mistaken video cams & some P&S (sony F505 F707 F818?) also use this focus by wire technique to focus. :)

The Canon super-telephotos at f/2.8 and f/4 are using it too. Eg. 300/2.8, 400/2.8, 500/4 and 600/4. Not sure about 1200/5.6 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.