Focal lengths for Singapore Zoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronkok

Oct 11, 2005
Hi,

To all who frequent the singapore zoo, what is the focal length requirements?

Especially for animal portraits, would 200mm be adequate? e.g. a tiger head/shoulder portrait?

Or would 300mm be a better focal length? This is for a FF and a 1.3x camera.

Thanks!

Aaron

my friend,this is the wrong place to post your question,this is where you show your work

I just realized that, where should i move this to?

Hi,

To all who frequent the singapore zoo, what is the focal length requirements?

Especially for animal portraits, would 200mm be adequate? e.g. a tiger head/shoulder portrait?

Or would 300mm be a better focal length? This is for a FF and a 1.3x camera.

Thanks!

Aaron

Depends on the distance involved. Yes, a 300mm may the minimum if you want close up shots. But if you want to take more of the body, then you may need wider lenses.

never go anywhere with only a long zoom lense... u will give yourself a kick in the butt... i know i did...

bring at least 1 wide angle and 1 super telezoom (300mm at least unless u want to crop it) ...

And do go at the optimum light timing... like 10am or 4pm... else you'll need super big apetures.

Oh do bring along your tripod if you want to shoot using super zoom...

300mm and a 70-200mm for that bit of flexibility

Ryan

Well, I believe that 200mm is a pretty good distance. Doesnt have to be very long honestly.

If you would like, feel free to see some of my shots. Taken using 70-200 VR

Zoo Pictures

Did you crop?

Slight cropping for some, but most of them remain like what it is. The animals aren't that far you noe. =D except for some. 600mm??? that's too much. And for a newbie, why wld he have one in the first place? ha

Status
Not open for further replies.