Focal length on 707

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

i just wonder... aside from reading the exif itself... is there any way of telling what is the focal length on a 707 or a 717?

unlike a SLR lens where there are markings... mine doesn't seems to show anywhere...

i just noticed that 828 has some markings on the lens barrel...

anybody?

Thanks

Michael Ang said:
Hi,

i just wonder... aside from reading the exif itself... is there any way of telling what is the focal length on a 707 or a 717?

unlike a SLR lens where there are markings... mine doesn't seems to show anywhere...

i just noticed that 828 has some markings on the lens barrel...

anybody?

Thanks

The focal length of the F707 is actually 9.7-48.5mm, which is equal to 38mm - 190mm on a 35mm format, due to the smaller sensor size (2/3")

The 707 and 717 is a electronic zoom, meaning you can rotate the ring beyond a complete turn and yet it will still continue turning in the same direction.
(so you can't add markings on the ring)

The 828 has a mechanical zoom and I think SONY has decided to add markings to make it look more like a SLR.

There is no way to tell the focal length of the F707, when composing a shot, only after the shot was taken and using a EXIF reader to extract the info, even then it will only the actual focal length (between 9.7 to 48.5mm) and not the 35mm equivalant

use this...

[ (focal length shown on exif - 9.7 / 38.8) * 152 ] + 38

Status
Not open for further replies.