Focal length on 707

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

i just wonder... aside from reading the exif itself... is there any way of telling what is the focal length on a 707 or a 717?

unlike a SLR lens where there are markings... mine doesn't seems to show anywhere...

i just noticed that 828 has some markings on the lens barrel...

anybody?

Thanks

Winston

May 11, 2003
Visit site
Michael Ang said:
Hi,

i just wonder... aside from reading the exif itself... is there any way of telling what is the focal length on a 707 or a 717?

unlike a SLR lens where there are markings... mine doesn't seems to show anywhere...

i just noticed that 828 has some markings on the lens barrel...

anybody?

Thanks
The focal length of the F707 is actually 9.7-48.5mm, which is equal to 38mm - 190mm on a 35mm format, due to the smaller sensor size (2/3")

The 707 and 717 is a electronic zoom, meaning you can rotate the ring beyond a complete turn and yet it will still continue turning in the same direction.
(so you can't add markings on the ring)

The 828 has a mechanical zoom and I think SONY has decided to add markings to make it look more like a SLR.

There is no way to tell the focal length of the F707, when composing a shot, only after the shot was taken and using a EXIF reader to extract the info, even then it will only the actual focal length (between 9.7 to 48.5mm) and not the 35mm equivalant

junyang

Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
use this...

[ (focal length shown on exif - 9.7 / 38.8) * 152 ] + 38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom