Focal Length Impact Based on Crop Factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

limetouch

Oct 8, 2008
Boon Keng
flickr.com
I am currently owning a D90. I know that it has a crop factor of 1.5. Does it mean that I will never be able to get a wide angle lens, knowing that a lens of 18mm focal length would be 27mm instead?

I am currently owning a D90. I know that it has a crop factor of 1.5. Does it mean that I will never be able to get a wide angle lens, knowing that a lens of 18mm focal length would be 27mm instead?

no... nikon has the 12-24mm. sigma has the 10-24mm & tokina 12-24. all are specifically designed for DX format cameras.

no... nikon has the 12-24mm. sigma has the 10-24mm & tokina 12-24. all are specifically designed for DX format cameras.

For Tokina, we also have 11-16. Better IQ than 12-24 :)
Unless going into FE, that's as wide as it will go ?

for digital,

four thirds, we have 7-14mm (14-28 35mm equiv) the 2nd widest FOV I can find now.

1st will be Sigma 12-24mm on FF body.

For Tokina, we also have 11-16. Better IQ than 12-24 :)
Unless going into FE, that's as wide as it will go ?

iirc, the widest FF shd be the AF 14mm?

anyway, DX users are not short of options when it comes to WA lenses, regardless the brand.

then, I'm curious as a beginner, comparing if no plan going for FX cam, getting a wide angle FX lens or DX lens, which is better worth?

iirc, the widest FF shd be the AF 14mm?

anyway, DX users are not short of options when it comes to WA lenses, regardless the brand.

In the case of Nikkor lenses, am I only limited to DX lenses? Because a 50mm AF-D F1.4 would be 75mm and it isn't exactly a normal lens at that point of time. And what is WA?

WA = Wide Angle.

In the case of Nikkor lenses, am I only limited to DX lenses? Because a 50mm AF-D F1.4 would be 75mm and it isn't exactly a normal lens at that point of time.

Read your manual to see which lenses can be used. Also, check Nikon website.

Im using 16-85mm on my cam...it seems wide enough for me uses even with the 1.5x factor ...

Status
Not open for further replies.