Focal length for manual zoom

Status
Not open for further replies.

codered

Aug 12, 2006
What will be the selection (camera startup) for focal length when using manual zoom? Min, max or in-between. Am I right to say that the selection will has influence on SR? If this is the case, then do we select the max, ie 70-210 lens - 200mm will be selected (incremental of 50mm for K20D).

Thanks.

yes, it will have

i think, maybe when you switch focal lengths, just take note and then dial in a new value by restarting the camera. :)

I've read about this in the Pentax forums... More SR correction is done at longer focal length than shorter focal length, and it is better to under-correct than to over-correct, so if you have to set one focal length, you should set the lowest value that you will use.

Also you don't have to switch off then on to change the SR focal length.
Can go MENU, direction button UP (to reach the last option that is SR), then change the SR accordingly.

Sounds like longer than just restarting the cam huh? At least you won't have to wait for the sensor shake thingy if you set it every start up

Also you don't have to switch off then on to change the SR focal length.
Can go MENU, direction button UP (to reach the last option that is SR), then change the SR accordingly.

Sounds like longer than just restarting the cam huh? At least you won't have to wait for the sensor shake thingy if you set it every start up

yeah, that's an alternative..

probably saves battery too. :)

Thanks guys. It'll be quite troublesome to change the focal length when using zoom lens. I guess, minimum focal reading to be use (for lazy fella like me) to prevent over SR correction will be a good alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.