Fm2 shutter and advancer lever stuck

garychew

Feb 26, 2014
aljunied
Load film in my fm2 but the advance lever and shutter can not move, it seem stuck. Anyone know what is happening? Anyway to fixed it? Or where should I send to fixed? Thanks

Gary

Sounds like a shutter failure. Can send it to Philip Tay at De Camera Consultant. Give him a ring to make sure that he's in before heading down

Press the film release button at the bottom of camera, rewind and unload the film.
Than test if the film advance level and shutter release button still jammed? If yes, just send for repair.

thanks azzurri, sent to fix :) thanks for great informations

it cant be fixed as in when i loaded the film, i try to align it by pressing the shutter plate, this cos the shutter plate spoilt according to the technician. so i have to replace a new shutter.

it cant be fixed as in when i loaded the film, i try to align it by pressing the shutter plate, this cos the shutter plate spoilt according to the technician. so i have to replace a new shutter.
there are shutter blades and pressure plate, have not hear there is a shutter plate before.

anyway, good to know he is able to fix it.

Hi, can share the cost of replacement and where? Thank you.