FM2 or A95 would be a better choice???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pangxie

Jan 22, 2005
singapore
FM2 vs a95 which is better.

btw is a95 a manual cam

They are right. How to compare between these two......digital vs film?

i suspect he doesnt know what an fm2 or a95 is. probably heard his friends mention them :D

madmacs said:
i suspect he doesnt know what an fm2 or a95 is. probably heard his friends mention them :D

Must be. How to compare between them? :dunno:

pangxie said:

btw is a95 a manual cam

A95 is a Point and Shoot digital camera
Require
- Memory card (CF)
- AA Batteries

FM2 is a Nikon Manual Body camera
Require
- Manual lens
- Film e.g. negative or slides
- external flash supported

If you want a lasting camera get a FM2.
If you can't leave without technology get a a95.

I do not know much about FM2 at all, but I believe the interchange lense for Nikon cameras work in some way, hence you can build up your lense slow with your FM2 and get another SLR/DSLR from Nikon later when you need a better suited one.

theITguy said:
I do not know much about FM2 at all, but I believe the interchange lense for Nikon cameras work in some way, hence you can build up your lense slow with your FM2 and get another SLR/DSLR from Nikon later when you need a better suited one.

Yo ITguy, its like comparing between a man and a woman. Both definitely different but both are still humans.

Really depends are you straight or are you alternate.. hahaha.. just kidding. You must know what you want to get into.. manual or digital. From the sound of things... think you better get a digital and know what is photography is really all about first before u go manual. At least you can save money on buying film and processing, rather finding out later you've wasted money on something u are not really into in the first place. Digital is very forgiving on $$.

-MB

mulberrybay said:
Yo ITguy, its like comparing between a man and a woman. Both definitely different but both are still humans.

Really depends are you straight or are you alternate.. hahaha.. just kidding. You must know what you want to get into.. manual or digital. From the sound of things... think you better get a digital and know what is photography is really all about first before u go manual. At least you can save money on buying film and processing, rather finding out later you've wasted money on something u are not really into in the first place. Digital is very forgiving on $$.

-MB

Not really digital is forgiving on $$. Heard stories of ppl who are using Fujifilm S2Pro and only after a year, the CCD gone...went repair and the charges is $1600plus....we call this cheap??? :dunno:
I would rather invest in a FM2 and I can be sure that this camera will last me for at least 10 years. A DSLR will at the most serve you for say 5 years.

XXX Boy said:
Not really digital is forgiving on $$. Heard stories of ppl who are using Fujifilm S2Pro and only after a year, the CCD gone...went repair and the charges is $1600plus....we call this cheap??? :dunno:
I would rather invest in a FM2 and I can be sure that this camera will last me for at least 10 years. A DSLR will at the most serve you for say 5 years.

Yah lah... buy expensive camera of course repair expensive lah... for starters you should go with those $200-$300 camera.. spoilt also can throw away those kind. That's what I meant. :)

-MB

if i were just to answer the question, without considering the film vs digital issue, i'd choose the FM2. dont ask why. heh. we then have to start the war... ;)

That's like the SAAB of camera's... well almost I think :))

If you are new to photography, do yourself a favour and get the A95, perhaps even an a85. The learning curve for film cameras is way steep, not to mention learning photography all together. I started off with an A40, and I was glad I did. It gives u alot of opportunities to experiment and learn.

i agree with marcwang. Get the A95 if you want fun and still be able to learn about basics of photography. Get the FM2 if you wanna learn photography the harder way ;p

pangxie said:

btw is a95 a manual cam

umm, dude, think you need to read up more. actually fm2 is a manual SLR and A95 is a point and shoot.

there's no right or wrong choice between these 2. they are just too different.
FM2 is a film SLR, that is, you use interchangeable lens which you need to buy separated. it's incredibly solid and you can use it without having to worry about ever running out of battery. but it doesn't do the work for you. you need to focus and set your aperture and shutter speed yourself. personally, i love it much much. once you shoot with it, nothing much else feels as good.

A95 is small compact and being digital, it's cheaper cos you don't need film. but of course, you aren't gonna get the level of control as FM2 and it's build is more cheapo too. and the pics you get are not gonna be comparable to the quality you get from film.

ask yourself what you want. and please read up beforehand.

just some links to help you along.
FM2 http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/nikonfmseries/fm2/index.htm

A95
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canona95/

yup, it has. but limited range of apertures compared to a real SLR. and usually the high ISOs on small digicams are hopeless one.

and with the fm2, you get an honest-to-goodness shutter slap. not that whiny pathetic simulated click you get from digicams :)

oh yah, if you want to take video, then get the a95.

Status
Not open for further replies.