Flying Tiger....

Status
Not open for further replies.

agape01

Feb 13, 2003
Somewhere Out There
Visit site
photo

I'm sure that you guys would have captured shots like these in your life time.

Anyway, give me your worst on how sucky this shot is.

hmmm i thought u told everyone u using a 1D? ... how come the picture is taken with a 1D mk 2? ... wah ... can upgrade by changing CMOS these days huh? .. or is it like those snap on phone cover type.... so steady one

or was it a D2H with new snap on 1D mk2 cover? .. like that also super steady leh ...

Anyway

Very good picture(s)... very abstract ....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ... really ;)

Sputnik said:
Anyway

Very good picture(s)... very abstract ....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ... really ;)

Which is the abtract part?

Its cropped too tight, and pic looks underexposed to me. Should have left some space at the top of the tiger's head.

Care to explain why the shot looks underexposed to you?

I am wondering, how do you know that the photograph is cropped?

Why would leaving some space at the top of the tiger's head be better?

Would appreciate if anyone can answer these questions.

Hey Caleb were you at teh zoo last Saturday? I think I saw you.

OIC. I saw a few pple with big mamas there.

agape01 said:
Care to explain why the shot looks underexposed to you?
That is how it appears on my monitor. The colours look dull to me too. A touch of curves and push up saturation/contrast and brightness in PS would make it look better.

I am wondering, how do you know that the photograph is cropped?
My meaning is not that it has been cropped, what I meant to say is that the framing is too tight for the photograph. Sorry if you misunderstood what I was trying to say. You could have zoomed out a bit more to capture a little of its environment.

Why would leaving some space at the top of the tiger's head be better?
As you had stated in the comments, the tiger was jumping for some food, and its paws are out of the frame. There is a little too much space at the bottom of the frame, you could have shifted your framing up to include the tiger's paws and the food which it was grasping at. This would give viewers a better idea of why it was jumping out of the water.

I hope I do not sound too harsh, just giving my honest comments & suggestions on how the shot could be improved. I understand that this is not an easy shot to make as it happens in a split second. So good effort on your part to capture it.

Do keep shooting. :thumbsup:

Well, as you can see with a 1.4X Extender at 100mm, I only got about 140mm. Because the action that occured so fast, I found it difficult to frame it properly. About the term Crop, I would not use it in this case because I differentiate crop and frame a little differently from you.

Frame is exactly what you described. Crop is when you cut areas off in photoshop or a digital program to make it look nicer. I use these things almost exclusively.

Again, this is my personal opinion on the issue on how shots turn out on the monitor screens of others. I would say that whether a shot is underexposed is quite relative depending on how the monitor is caliberated. However, there are obvious photos where they are really underexposed. But to me, not in this case. The way that you have configured your monitor is what you want to see from your own cam; not my cam so that is why I say that this is relative and subjective.

Other than that, your statements are very constructive and I appreciate that. Thanks for pointing these thigns out to me. :D

If you ever get a shot like that, I sure would like to see yours so that I can learn from you too. ;)

Your comments are not harsh at all.

agape01 said:
photo

I'm sure that you guys would have captured shots like these in your life time.

Anyway, give me your worst on how sucky this shot is.

I would prefer a little more room on top. A little under on my screen though. Overall, I do like this shot as I seldom see one leaping for its food.

Thanks....

Although, I would like to see others on how they are going to do this type of photos.

As mentioned before, there is only so much you can do to frame with 140mm...

agape01 said:
Thanks....

Although, I would like to see others on how they are going to do this type of photos.

As mentioned before, there is only so much you can do to frame with 140mm...
Makes one wonder how framing happens at 840mm.....

I/c photos loh. Caleb, we tried it right? at 1100mm or so....

Status
Not open for further replies.