Flying from Seletar Airport ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwine

Jan 20, 2008
Hi,

Anyone have experience flying from Seletar airport ?
Appreciate if you can share your experience,
such as duty-free shop, custom efficiency, facilities, taxi availability etc

Thanks

I used to fly Youth-Flying club there lol.. There's nothing @ Seletar... except custom.

I have flown to Tioman a couple of times from Seletar airport. There are no duty-free shopping there, just check-in counter and Singapore customs clearance. Usually check-in and customs clearance are quite efficient because the planes are small and carry limited number of passengers. However, I can't say the same for the efficiency of the Malaysian customs clearance on Tioman. :sweatsm:

Taxi drivers seem to know the plane arrival times, for the few occasions where I landed on Seletar Airport, there were already taxis waiting outside.

Thanks,

Do you have to pass thru any Army Camp Gate to reach the airport ?
No liquid for hand-carry as well ?

Yes, you have to. Just tell them you are going to the airport and have your tickets/documents ready if the guards want to check.

I am sure the standard flight restriction applies.:)

i dun think have to pass by army camp. i was situated at Seletar West camp 2 years ago. If you come in from TPE, u will pass an old army guardhouse, which was abandoned a very long time ago. just go pass it :D

OK, OK,
Been donkey yrs seem i pass by that guardroom. ;p
Near the Jln Kayu prata house if i can remember.

i just used that seletar airport 2 weeks ago..... NO NEED TO GO INTO ARMY CAMP.... at Jalan Kayu as you get onto the roundabout, just follow signboard that says Seletar Airport.....follow the road at 9 o Clock position

Last edited:
last time need to pass thru lah....now dun need liao....the old guard house makes a nice subject for photography actually...

there are taxis from the 4 times that i was at the airport. there's also a simple holding area, sofa and tv. with drinks vending machine

Status
Not open for further replies.